Thread: New to CarveWright

1. Default New to CarveWright

Hello,

I am hoping someone can point me in the wright direction. I just got the machine, and I am trying to create some carvings from some graphic files I have. They are basically line drawings done in Adobe Illustrator. I tries, copy.pasting them in and also converting to JPG and importing. I can see the image, but there seems to be no way to tell the CarveWright software how the lines should be cut. i.e. depth, texture. It imports it and it appears that it is simply going to cut grooves.

I have seen some of the work that others have done and figure there is a way to do such things, but I don't know where to start.

Any ideas?

I hope this makes sense.

Without first seeing a sample of either the mpc or the drawing it might be a little difficult to let ya know whats going on. If it nothing but vector lines basically that is all you will get is grooved carvings where the lines are.

Your drawings will also need to have some gray scale to it if your looking for some of the nicer 3d type carvings.

Either way if its possible to take a look at what your referring too it would help.

Welcome to the forums by the way.
    I'm a professional toothpick maker.
    TK Designs

To add to what Badger said, stay away from jpg files. They are noisy and when carved look bad. The preferred (best, only) format is files with the png extension.

Welcome to the forum.

Once you import an image and save it as pattern, all you can do at this point on is adjust the size, angle, height and depth of the pattern.

Carvewright designer don't treat those line you see as vector any more. There are no option to tell how it will cut unless you draw it directly in designer.

Hope this help.

.Jpg image is ok if you saved it with 0 compression from the original.

I hope CW designer support Illustrator file in the future.