Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello I have a Question before I buy

1. Default Hello I have a Question before I buy

Hello. I am about to buy a carvewright and my wife has said I can purchace one other item with it it's a choice between the scanning probe and the full carving bit set...what whould everyone suggest between the two ..or would you suggest something else
    Thanks for the help
    Will

Default order both,lol

1 order,,,thats only 1..
    Jack
    Jack of all trades ,master of none, but if you got a job, I'll git-er-done.

http://theswamper.tripod.com/

i make more use of the bits than the scaning probe

if i had a choice between them i would take the bits and twist her arm to let you get the centerline text also you wont be dissappointed

welcome to the forumm

happy carving

kendall

Default Centerline & probe

My priorities would be: 1: Centerline Text 2:Probe

Outside of the two bits that come with the machine other functions can be done with an ordinary router much faster and easier, IMO.

Allen

Default I agree

Centerline text and the bits will get you going, the probe is nice but the bits and centerline will give you tons more options.
    Still using 1.120 & 1.126

6. Default

Centerline text is almost mandatory if your gonna do signs and plaques.

Quote Originally Posted by flemingswoodworks View Post
    Hello. I am about to buy a carvewright and my wife has said I can purchace one other item with it it's a choice between the scanning probe and the full carving bit set...what whould everyone suggest between the two ..or would you suggest something else
    Thanks for the help
    Will
    If it's really a choice between the two - I would certainly get the 3D Scanning Probe first, before the Bit Set. You'll have a GREAT time making your own patterns from the items you scan, PLUS you'll get the Pattern Editor software as a bonus with the Probe. (The Pattern Editor is $199.99 if purchased separately, but is included with the Probe.)

If you plan on doing a lot of sign work, you'll appreciate the Centerline add-on and you'll need a V-bit or two to use it. I bought the Centerline add-on and two V-bits (60° and 90°), but have never really needed the other decorative bits thus far. (Mainly because I already have a separate router I could use for decorative edge routing when necessary - it's quicker to do it that way too.)
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

I thought about starting on a budget, but once I began researching and talking to potential customers that I would be working with, I soon figured out that I would be handicapping myself if I did not go ahead and purchase the entire set of bits and the probe at the same time. The price that The Little Red Woodshop is offering for everything is a real bargain. I wish I would have checked with them when I made my purchase!

Good luck
    Jeff

9. Default Sorry

Please check out store.LittleRedWoodshop.com and you may find that you can afford to do all of the above.

$2299.99 for the Machine, Scanning Probe and the Bit Set. FREE SHIPPING

Then you can purchase the Centerline Text from LHR for $100.

Meaning that everything will cost $2399.99

As for having to make a choice that would be the bit set, in my opinion, but it is almost necessary to have the Centerline program for the bits to be any fun at all.

Good luck in your decision... if you have any questions feel free to call.
    Last edited by LittleRedWoodshop; 08-04-2008 at 11:33 PM.

10. Default Sale Price

Scanning Probe and Bit Set $249.99 each . . . . plus $12 SHIPPING.
    Last edited by LittleRedWoodshop; 08-04-2008 at 11:25 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast