Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need a lttle help on my MPN file

Default I need a lttle help on my MPN file

I looked for and found the Designer MPN file (favorites.mpn) under my user file containing my favorites and basic patterns (I assumed). I assumed, apparently erroneously, that if I double-clicked on the MPN file that would open Designer and allow me to view them. What I got was a message about purchasing them, so I closed the file. Then I noticed another MPN file was generated (favorites31878.mpn). I opened it and got the same message, then closed it and another MPN file was generated (favoriites3187831.mpn). I then went and opened Designer and there were 3 favorite/basic listings associated with the pattern button all containing the same patterns. So, I went back and deleted the 2 generated files. When I again opened Designer I had no patterns (couldn't even click the button). I undeleted the 2 files and now I'm back to 3 favorite/basic listings.

Ok, now for my questions. What did I do wrong and how do I get back to one favorites/basic listing?

Thanks,
    Rocky

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    I looked for and found the Designer MPN file (favorites.mpn) under my user file containing my favorites and basic patterns (I assumed). I assumed, apparently erroneously, that if I double-clicked on the MPN file that would open Designer and allow me to view them. What I got was a message about purchasing them, so I closed the file. Then I noticed another MPN file was generated (favorites31878.mpn). I opened it and got the same message, then closed it and another MPN file was generated (favoriites3187831.mpn). I then went and opened Designer and there were 3 favorite/basic listings associated with the pattern button all containing the same patterns. So, I went back and deleted the 2 generated files. When I again opened Designer I had no patterns (couldn't even click the button). I undeleted the 2 files and now I'm back to 3 favorite/basic listings.

Ok, now for my questions. What did I do wrong and how do I get back to one favorites/basic listing?

Thanks,

Rocky,

The MPN file is pattern file list for designer but you already know that..

I did the same thing you did with the trying to open the file. You can not view the patterns in this file.

I just deleted the just the new MPN files that were generated and all was back to normal. You also might try deleting them within designer. With the pattern list window open, right click one of the Favorite headings and select delete.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

fwharris, thanks for your response. I tried deleting them from within Designer, but Designer wouldn't let me, although it would let me delete the original list?

I tried moving the 2 extra files to another directory on my system and that worked.

Thanks again,
    Rocky

fwharris, thanks for your response. I tried deleting them from within Designer, but Designer wouldn't let me, although it would let me delete the original list?

I tried moving the 2 extra files to another directory on my system and that worked.

Thanks again,
    Rocky,

You need Tim's Pattern organizer. An Excellent little app that will solve your issue. Get it at his site...

http://www.tjswoodery.com/Login.aspx

Just register (free), download it (free) and use it to organize and maintain your pattern file.

It's all I use for keeping my MPN files(s) straight. Thanks Again Tim!!!!
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

Thanks, Chris.

Is this a stand-alone program or is it integrated with CW Designer?
    Rocky

Thanks, Chris.

Is this a stand-alone program or is it integrated with CW Designer?
    Rocky,

It's stand alone and it's small, fast and efficient. I have 3 MPN files that I maintain with it. With it you can.....rearange & organize folders and patterns, rename them, delete them, back up you pattern file and more.

Simply a great program that I wouldn't be without. It's what Designer "should" do for us.

I had the multiple Favorites and such too...lol...Not any more.

One thing, you cannot access the "basic" folder as that's a proprietary LHR file. It's a good thing too because there's no chance to mess up the patterns that come with Designer......
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisAlb View Post
    Rocky,

It's stand alone and it's small, fast and efficient. I have 3 MPN files that I maintain with it. With it you can.....rearange & organize folders and patterns, rename them, delete them, back up you pattern file and more.

Simply a great program that I wouldn't be without. It's what Designer "should" do for us.

I had the multiple Favorites and such too...lol...Not any more.

One thing, you cannot access the "basic" folder as that's a proprietary LHR file. It's a good thing too because there's no chance to mess up the patterns that come with Designer......

Again, thanks!
    Rocky

I just loaded the Pattern Organizer and got rid of my rats nest of directories. Nice program.

There's so much info on the forum to new folks to learn from, like the pattern organizer, Crane Cams Lube, on and on. Info like this really helps one climb the learning curve asap. Sometimes, unfortunately, info like that is so hard to find.

Rocky,

FWharris is correct in his statement. You will not be able to delete them from within the software. You will have to manually delete the files from the directory, leaving just one favorites.mpn file.

Also, I would suggest using the program that everyone else is using. I have used it and it is a great program.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast