Thread: 1st Lithos

1. Default 1st Lithos

Finally secured some .25in corian and have some finished projects worth displaying. learned a lot about keeping the machine free of dust (2 projects lost to sudden y-tract shift), that an air compressor is a must, and that corian is not perfectly flat. photos shown are back-lit with flor puck light or held in front of basement flourescent light.

P.S. has anyone used a mop sander on corian? does it do anything?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1030049.jpg   P1030038.jpg   P1030041.jpg   P1030048.jpg  

P1030046.jpg  

VERY nice work....looks like you got the hang of it. They make great gifts.

Thumbs up

optionman,

Really nice job on the Lithos, they look great.
    I haven't used a sanding mop on mine yet, but I do give them a good rub down with a stiff scotch pad.
    I also seal the front of mine with a couple coats of Krylon clear acrylic spray to sharpen the image a little.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by optionman View Post
    Finally secured some .25in corian and have some finished projects worth displaying. learned a lot about keeping the machine free of dust (2 projects lost to sudden y-tract shift), that an air compressor is a must, and that corian is not perfectly flat. photos shown are back-lit with flor puck light or held in front of basement flourescent light.

P.S. has anyone used a mop sander on corian? does it do anything?
    Optionman,

Nice lithos and nice looking subjects! Thanks for sharing.

I have found that a short bristled brass brush (like use to clean grates in the bar-b-que grill) does a very good job of increasing the visual acuity of my lithos. Brings out finest details you don't otherwise see.
    Jerry

Joanne and me enjoying a beautiful fall in Spearfish Canyon in the Black Hills.