Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1.130 on a Mac (issue with patterns)

If any of you Mac users need or want an older version of the software, PM me and I'll either put it up on a server or email it to you if your email will allow it. The DMG for 1.126 is 53.2mb.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

2. Default 1.126 is no better

I just downgraded to 1.126 (thanks to pkunk) but it is no better with the display issue.

I would love to know what is going on and if there is a fix. I tried emailing support (as suggested) but have received no response.

Gentlemen,

This is for the users who are encountering the Mac display issue. What OS version is everyone running on their Macs? Is everyone running 10.5.4 or are there other versions encountering the issue?
    Sonuva Nutcracker!

Alex
    Carvewright

I took screen shots of ll the information from the system profiler and sent it to software@carvewright.com. This included software, hardware and graphics card data. Hopefully this will help diagnose the issue and resolve the problem.

Mark

Mark,

I'll make sure our engineers get the information. The more information we can get on the issue the better.

thank you.
    Sonuva Nutcracker!

Alex
    Carvewright

Quote Originally Posted by atauer View Post
    Gentlemen,

This is for the users who are encountering the Mac display issue. What OS version is everyone running on their Macs? Is everyone running 10.5.4 or are there other versions encountering the issue?
    It appears that those with problems are running 10.5. I have no issues with 10.4.
    It seems to be with all versions of Designer.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

I have the same problem and just upgraded to 1.131 and still have it. Macbook pro, NV 8600M, 4GB, 10.5.5. I just emailed support about it.

If you remove the check mark from "Toggle Auto Re-Render" (under the view menu) the problem goes away. Not sure what I'm losing by turning that off, but at least I can see what my project again.

Update: Looks like I spoke too soon, still cuts off part of the image, no matter what I do.
    Last edited by rnm; 11-01-2008 at 04:26 PM.

Default Workaround for OS X Screen-Refresh Problem

I've seen the problem of incomplete screen refresh, too. (OS X 10.5.5, CW 1.131). I reported it to CW in early July, and told them about the workaround (below) in August.

Some futzing-around on my part has revealed the following: The bad behavior only occurs when the bottom scrollbar is on-screen. When the window is moved so the bottom scrollbar is below the display area, the display works as it should.

Hey you're right! Moved the window down to hide the bottom scroll bar and the problem went away. Thanks for the tip!

Default Mac Leopard, Carvewright 1.130 & 1.133

Macbook, which I just upgraded with OSX Leopard, unfortunately. It's caused me nothing but headache. I then downloaded and installed Carvewright 1.133. I had the same problems as described here, the display would not properly stay refreshed when I placed a pattern in my design. I had saved 1.130, but it had the same problem. I tried the trick given here, moving the window down until the bottom scroll bar is off the screen, and yes, the whole design then refreshes properly, but then the mouse icon is stuck in a 'rotating ball I'm busy' mode.
    Finally, I tried toggling the 'auto rerender', that seems to work, the jury's still out. I just wanted to update you all that the problem seems to still be here.
    I may just give up on the Mac. It's likely a Leopard problem, I'm really sorry I upgraded. Apple software is not the greatest, though their marketing is really good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast