Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1.130 on a Mac (issue with patterns)

Default 1.130 on a Mac (issue with patterns)

I just upgraded to 1.130 and am having an issue with patterns. When I drop a patter on to my board, half of the board disappears. Stays missing even when rotating the board. It is still there as I can move the pattern around, but then disappears again when I drop the pattern. Anyone else see this?

I'm running on a Mac (10.5.4)

Mark

For this question, I suggest contact the LHR tech to report the problems.
    Sorry, I can't help with anything.
    HT

Quote Originally Posted by doutt View Post
    I just upgraded to 1.130 and am having an issue with patterns. When I drop a patter on to my board, half of the board disappears. Stays missing even when rotating the board. It is still there as I can move the pattern around, but then disappears again when I drop the pattern. Anyone else see this?

I'm running on a Mac (10.5.4)

Mark
    Mark, I'm still with Tiger & haven't had any problems. I doubt Leopard is the cause, but might suggest some OS maintainence. Do you have any utilities such as DiskWarrior? Have you tried just repairing permissions? Also sometimes resetting the Pram helps, too. Try these one at a time & good luck!

Resetting PRAM and NVRAM

1. Shut down the computer.
    2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
    3. Turn on the computer.
    4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.
    5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
    6. Release the keys.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

I have seen this too on Leopard. It looks like a video redraw issue. I think I got it back by resizing the window a little bit.

5. Default

We have received a few reports of this problem here at LHR, but we have not been able to reproduce the problem.

If you are experiencing this problem, please contact software support (software@carvewright.com) with "1.130 Mac Display Issue" as the email subject and include details about your Mac system (OS version, Model, RAM, etc).

This will help us pinpoint the problem.

Thanks.
    Chris Morlier
    CarveWright

6. Default Same here

I have the same problem as Doutt. Macbook Pro, 2GB Ram, OSX 10.5.4. It is really annoying, please help.

Quote Originally Posted by cholme@mac.com View Post
    I have the same problem as Doutt. Macbook Pro, 2GB Ram, OSX 10.5.4. It is really annoying, please help.
    Hello,

Please, as already instructed, send a report of the issue you are having to software@carvewright.com with "1.130 Mac Display Issue" as the email subject and include details about your Mac system.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    Hello,

Please, as already instructed, send a report of the issue you are having to software@carvewright.com with "1.130 Mac Display Issue" as the email subject and include details about your Mac system.
    I already did... twice, is there a fix or workaround? No one responded to the email.

Can I download an older version of the software? It seems as though 1.1.3 may have been a bit premature?

9. Default Pattern Editor

It happens in the Pattern Editor as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cholme@mac.com View Post
    I already did... twice, is there a fix or workaround? No one responded to the email.

Can I download an older version of the software? It seems as though 1.1.3 may have been a bit premature?
    Do you still have a copy of the older installation file? I'm not sure where you could obtain an older version of the software for the Mac. Try doing a search of the Forum.

I feel confident the software developers received your email and are working on the issue. Apparently some folks have a problem, others don't. That could make things more challenging to figure out a solution that fits all, I imagine. You probably should call LHR Software Support directly (rather than email) to check the status.

I am sorry you're having the problem, and wish you all the best (along with a speedy solution if at all possible).
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast