Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sigh...it looks like I'm down for a couple weeks.

Default Sigh...it looks like I'm down for a couple weeks.

Got the new Z-bundle today and installed it. Made sure all the connections were right, etc but none of me sensors were getting any readings. Tried different combinations of stuff (old circut board with new motor and ribbon, and so forth) and noticed the ribbon was getting hot. Left everything and hooked up the old Z-motor and all the sensors were working again and the ribbon didn't get hot. Problem is the old Z-motor needs to be replace which is why I got the new Z-bundle.

Called LHR and explained all the above. They insisted I didn't have wires hooked up right, etc. After many tries of hooking this wire this way or that and cleaning board sensor , etc. We tried going through the sensor readings. Still got the cover open even though it was closed, no reading on the Z-axis when I moved it but for some reason this time the Y-axis was giving a reading but kept stopping (think a wire was getting giggled or something). I say it's a short in the Z-motor because of the ribbon heating up and a low high pitched hum coming from it. LHR insists it's not and due to the intermittent sensors readings it will have to be sent to them for repairs.

So long story short I am out of a machine for several weeks which I guess isn't too bad since I really don't have any orders. But since Murphy works in strange ways this will be the time I finally get them, just watch.

If anyone knows where I might be able to pick up a reliable cheap machine let me know. I really would like to get some projects carved for my new products. I have a US Quarters map, 2 rabbit clocks, Litho Lightbox and a tray to finish (75% done when the Z-axis stall happened).
    Ver 1.150
    Kevin

"Carving has it ups & downs"

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Amonaug View Post
    So long story short I am out of a machine for several weeks which I guess isn't too bad since I really don't have any orders. But since Murphy works in strange ways this will be the time I finally get them, just watch.
    Hey Kevin,

Sorry to hear of the troubles man. But on a bright note, If Murphy brings you orders now, Just tell them you're busy and it will take awhile to fill them. NO....it's not dishonest because if you do get orders, you'll be busy in Designer making them up!!

Clouds & silver linings my friend!
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

Always a bright side to everything huh?
    Ver 1.150
    Kevin

I certainly hope so. In my current situation, I'm Banking on it...lol
    Occasional Carvings

Patterns At The Depot

Default Ya gatta always look on the Bright Side

Ya never know what might show or turn up!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Look Kittens.jpg  
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Quote Originally Posted by Kenm810 View Post
    Ya never know what might show or turn up!!
    LOL...GREAT picture!! I wonder how far off mama was Grandpa?

I live by a little saying I thought of years ago...

When you're standing in the bottom of the hole, you'll never get out by looking down.
    Occasional Carvings

Patterns At The Depot

Hey Kevin,

Sorry to hear your CW is down...
    Mine should be back from LHR on Monday and I am itching to get to carving again. (Z-Pack replacement)
    Hang in there!

Audie
    CarveWright - 192 days and still not able to carve

I say it's a short in the Z-motor because of the ribbon heating up and a low high pitched hum coming from it.
    Are you getting any errors like 246? ect..

Sounds like a short in the new pack like you say. could you ask them to send one more Z pack before sending the unit back?

BTW Having 2 units if you have a ton of work is the way to go..

LG

I like that idea.... Send another Z pack.... and return the other one..... Let them sort it out....

And Cover switch plug, white wire toward the center for closed cover error... I DID put my plug in backwards so I know it CAN be done....

AL

I asked them to try sending a new Z-motor and his reply was they can't keep sending parts hoping it'll be the one that fixes it so the only alternative is to send it in.

As for the errors, I didn't try carving anything, figured it wasn't worth it if I could get any of the sensors to read anything. So all I did was do the sensor checks, no error messages.

I can't even try and carve now, while getting everything back together to get it shipped something surged"?" and moved the Y/Z truck then the keypad went blank.....so add that to be fixed as well.

I really don't have the money or room for anther machine but if I can find a great deal on one I'm seriously considering it.
    Ver 1.150
    Kevin

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast