Thread: Confused?

Default Confused?

I have had my unit for over a year and of course I have had my share of problems. LHR has always been very responsive and fixed my unit like new.

Recently my chuck broke and I replaced it with a chuck that I had from months ago (never used). At the time LRH was having their share of "out of balance" chucks and they gave me an extra one just in case. Well, the new one must have been one of the defective units as it made one heck of a racket.

I emailed LHR and NO response. I continued to use the unit until the lubricant started oozing out of the drive. I took the flexible shaft apart and discovered that the spring was broken and it was obvious that I needed a new flex shaft.

Since the item is not listed on their website I decided to call LHR. After pushing 1,2, or 3, I received a message that someone would call me back. That was 3 business days ago and still no response. I also emailed them at the same time and still NO response.

It is not like LHR to act like this and I am wondering if anyone has had the same problem?

jspringertx

This is one of my earlier posts
    Quote --Calling LHR
    First I have to say, I'm fairly persistent when trying to solve a any kind of a problem.
    Now -- not that I'm recommending how to go about it, but I have spoken to several LHR techs over this Passed year,
    and like most folks after pressing option 4, and have spent my fair share of time on hold listening to the pleasant voice of the young lady, offering the choice of pressing 1 to leave a message, or to hold for the next available technician.
    I admit I do hold on several occasions, But also I find my self hanging up and hitting redial, a few times.
    I found the number of times could be count on one hand, that I have walked away from the phone without speaking to a LHR tech
    and on a few occasions more then one on the same day. They are there to help us, and I'm sure happy to do so.
    So please be patient and persistent.

Also see thread LHR Support
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

I have seen 4 day wait times personally back in January. What I do instead of wait is try to call back until I get someone or get in their phone queue until I get support. I prefer waiting on the phone for 30 minutes to waiting days for a call back. You can bet that many people feel this way, increasing the delay for callbacks.
    To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.
    Thomas A. Edison

Smile Support

I will try try again. I am sure they are overloaded with all of the new machines out there.
    They really try to do an excellent job.

balk stuff oozing out of the top of the Z-truck is from over lubrication of the flex shaft and the extra lubricant leaking out and flooding the top spindle bearing. This trashes the bearing and it will make a racket. This can also make the chuck wobble as the spindle is not being properly supported.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Birt View Post
    balk stuff oozing out of the top of the Z-truck is from over lubrication of the flex shaft and the extra lubricant leaking out and flooding the top spindle bearing. This trashes the bearing and it will make a racket. This can also make the chuck wobble as the spindle is not being properly supported.
    Well, it looks like this unit is trash. Anyone need a good anchor or paper weight?

Replacing the bearing is not that big of a deal. I did the same thing as you several months back. It would be a very easy job if you could get a new/rebuilt Y/X truck assembly from LHR. As I recall you are within driving distance of LHR, perhaps you can drop your machine off for them to fix the spindle.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Smile Lube

I talked with LHR and they are sending me a new spring. I took the top off and wiped off the lubricant thoroughly. I think I will try the new spring first and then tackle the new bearing if that doesn't work.

Thanks for your help. It made me look the unit over more closely and while it is down I will give it a good cleaning.

This project was really frustrating as it took 1-1/2 hours until it came to the last two letters (M) & (T). It lightly carved the (T), but jammed on the (M). There was no way to recover so I finished cutting out the (T) with my Dremel tool. The sign said; "Fresh Tortillas Made Here". I cut off the "ade" since the "M' was missing and hung the "here" under the sign.

The owner was pleased and I got free dinners for my wife and I.

Since you had to abort your project, you can very carfully go back into designer and create a carve region upto maybe a half inch of the finished project and set the carve region ot zero and re down load and it is accurate enough to finish the carving.

later Daniel
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

Default image

Sounds like a great idea. I will remember that idea for the next attempt.