Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Down Draft Completed

Default Down Draft Completed

I have not had the time I would like to have to play with my new toy. There is always something else to do; mow, weed, water, feed the dogs, etc.
    But finally I found the time to put my down draft together.

I bought the Dewalt planner stand and cut a slot in the MDF top that corresponds with the hole in the bottom of the CW. Then I put weather striping around the hole in the CW to help create a tight seal.

I had a piece of plastic gutter left over from a repair job on my shed so I cut a piece of this the width of the CW and glued it in place. I cut a 3" hole in the gutter and glued in a 4" to 3" reducer that is to be hooked up to the dust collector. It would have been nice to put a 4" hole in the gutter so it would have hooked up straight to the dust collector without a reducer but the bottom of the gutter is only 3" wide.

The dust collector is a mini collector by Steel City. It only cost $79. It fit perfect under the CW on the shelf below. I placed a small sheet of Styrofoam under the collector motor to cut down on the noise and vibration.

When I turn them both on (CW and Dust collector) and lift the lid on the CW, you can feel a good rush of air going into the machine and down the bottom.

Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMGP2464 (Large).JPG   IMGP2465 (Large).JPG   IMGP2466 (Large).JPG   IMGP2490 (Large).JPG  

IMGP2491 (Large).JPG  

Default Well Done

Steve.

Nice job, You and the Machine will be able to breathe a bit easier.
    Any system that helps control the dust and chips produced by the carving machines is a big plus to you.
    You'll quickly see a an improvement in the clean up time needed after each carving project.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Talking

That looks great i just completed mine this week and also have the dust colector below and am gettting a very good vibration and was going to add soem rubber bumper below......Great job....

4. Default Steven...

you rock...

Nice to see members of te TEAM succeeding. Downdraft looks great, I'll pray that you have more time to use your machine.

5. Default Steven...

you rock...

Nice to see members of the TEAM succeeding. Downdraft looks great, I'll pray that you have more time to use your machine.

Thanks guys.
    My thing now is trying to get to know this software. I don't wont to waste a lot of carving time (and wood!!) on things that I will never use or sell (test carves) so I want to make sure I know how the software works. I have been taking artwork from Lora S. Irish's book, "Classic Carving Patterns" and converting them to something that can be done on the CW. So far they are looking great. I will post a few later.

Steve
    Last edited by Steven Alford; 05-11-2008 at 03:33 PM. Reason: spelling

Steve,
    Great job! Nice compact set up. Like Ken stated you will notice the difference on your first carve. Steve, did you do any grounding of the machine for static control? just had to ask..

Looks like you had a great day in the Springs for the picture also..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Yes, I actually bought some alligator clips with about 15' of wire on the end so I can clamp them on the machine. Just hope I remember to do it when I run another carve.

Question Static Electricity

Looks like a great Idea. Do you have any concerns about static electricity effecting the operation of your machine?
    GREG

Работа по поддержке мое хобби!

That's why the last poster asked me about a grounding wire.

Steve

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast