Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quick Change Chuck

Thumbs down Sears

Quote Originally Posted by Kenm810 View Post
    Thanks guys for the input, It's happened to me a couple of times before with Sears and Craftsman Tools, When I saw something online or in the Craftsman Catalog that I wanted. When I went the the Sears store to see if I could just pick one of the shelf instead of ordering it, Even though I had the part numbers, the sales staff had no idea what I was asking for, or what I was talking about.
    --- Oh well they did have a pair of work shoes I was looking for.

Ps. Yes, I know sears stores don't stock everything Sears sells
    Looks like that ugly "BAIT & SWITCH" monster may have reared its ugly head again.

Jerry

Default Model and Part #s

My chuck has not worked right since I got the machine. I have to fight with it for several minutes to get anything in or out, and sometimes I just give up and walk away after 15min of trying. I've tried several of the the suggestions in the forum, except for dismantling the chuck completely. So I finally got around to calling Sears to get a new chuck on warrenty.

They could not find the compucarve under the model# on the machine and manual (133.217540) but eventually did find it under model (183.217540). I stayed on the phone and went through their http://searspartsdirect.com site with him and found the part here: http://tinyurl.com/4k4mpt Part# A005-00033

Not thilled about the 14day expected delivery time, but they did not give me a hard time or anything (did try to sell me some unrelated stuff: drill, home repairs, etc ), but then just put in the order and we were done. Confused about the model # difference, but maybe its just a typo in their system.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12