Thread: Probe fixed

Default Probe fixed

This is the first scan after getting a couple of replacements. Does it look like it should carve all wright or did i smooth it a little to much or not enough. I would appreciate any input. It took 9 1/2 hours to scan this. THANKS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stagecoach.jpg  

Ver 1.179
    HP-Nvidia HD Video Card
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    Scanning with Carvewight Probe and Next Engine 3d Laser Scanner HD
    If you have any scanning needs let us know.Check Out Our Patterns in the depot under eromran

If you allow it to happen, you can let today erase all of yesterday or if you choose,you can let yesterday erase the rest of your life.
    Ed

Quote Originally Posted by eromran View Post
    This is the first scan after getting a couple of replacements. Does it look like it should carve all wright or did i smooth it a little to much or not enough. I would appreciate any input. It took 9 1/2 hours to scan this. THANKS
    Hello Ed,

That looks pretty good, but I do think that it has been smoothed too much and some detail has likely been lost.

As a general rule-of-thumb, use the smooth tool and set it for "2"...then, if further smoothing is necessary, use the blur tool, and set it for "2" as well. That generally smooths it enough to remove most of the "roughness" yet maintains the detail of what you just scanned.

Also, you may need to use the "Lower" tool after smooth/blur and lower it until any undesired "edge around the pattern dissapears.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    Hello Ed,

That looks pretty good, but I do think that it has been smoothed too much and some detail has likely been lost.

As a general rule-of-thumb, use the smooth tool and set it for "2"...then, if further smoothing is necessary, use the blur tool, and set it for "2" as well. That generally smooths it enough to remove most of the "roughness" yet maintains the detail of what you just scanned.

Also, you may need to use the "Lower" tool after smooth/blur and lower it until any undesired "edge around the pattern dissapears.
    Thanks alot that should help alot.

Ver 1.179
    HP-Nvidia HD Video Card
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    Scanning with Carvewight Probe and Next Engine 3d Laser Scanner HD
    If you have any scanning needs let us know.Check Out Our Patterns in the depot under eromran

If you allow it to happen, you can let today erase all of yesterday or if you choose,you can let yesterday erase the rest of your life.
    Ed