Thread: Before and After

Default Before and After

A while back i got a knew probe did a couple of scans every thing worked alright (i thought) but the scans did not seem to have that great of detail really thought probe was a joke. But i had nothing to compare it to. I could just compare it to what others was doing but all that does is lead you to believe you just can't scan as good as some cause the scans were coming out they were just bad. Just like when you see someone do a better pattern than you can do you just think you have a ways to go you don't think its the machine. That's why there should be some sort of test for the probe. Once you get it that you can test it kind of like you do with printer. You make sure they are matching your monitor. CarveWright was great at helping get this worked out but it took 3 probes to get there and what if i would have settled for the first scan. Sorry to ramble but maybe this can help the next. Thanks to all for your suggestions also. Below is a before and after picture notice you can even read the size which i can barely feel on the wrench.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wrenchbad.jpg   wrenchGood.jpg  

Ver 1.179
    HP-Nvidia HD Video Card
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    Scanning with Carvewight Probe and Next Engine 3d Laser Scanner HD
    If you have any scanning needs let us know.Check Out Our Patterns in the depot under eromran

If you allow it to happen, you can let today erase all of yesterday or if you choose,you can let yesterday erase the rest of your life.
    Ed

Cool. Thanks for doing the compare. I really wanted to see how it did once you got a decent one. Looks good!
    Hey, here's a thought....what is the size of that wrench? I want to match it to one of mine and do a scan as well... see how it stacks up.
    Which way did you place the wrench on the sled to scan?
    Thanks Man!
    Doug

Default Placement

They suggest that you place the longest portion across the 14" width when ever possible, to shorten the scan time.

If you have not done so, review the Scanning Probe Video on the link below.
    AskBud
    http://www.carvebuddy.com/learning_center.html
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Quote Originally Posted by Dhaffner View Post
    Cool. Thanks for doing the compare. I really wanted to see how it did once you got a decent one. Looks good!
    Hey, here's a thought....what is the size of that wrench? I want to match it to one of mine and do a scan as well... see how it stacks up.
    Which way did you place the wrench on the sled to scan?
    Thanks Man!
    Doug
    Hey that would be cool, 7/16 the wrench its self was 5" long on the last scan i only scaned enough to see the size ( about half of wrench ) the end you see is coming up from sled long part of wrench on sled wrench was layed left to right facing key pad open end on left. Look forward to seeing.

Ver 1.179
    HP-Nvidia HD Video Card
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    Scanning with Carvewight Probe and Next Engine 3d Laser Scanner HD
    If you have any scanning needs let us know.Check Out Our Patterns in the depot under eromran

If you allow it to happen, you can let today erase all of yesterday or if you choose,you can let yesterday erase the rest of your life.
    Ed