Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Z truck Broke

Default Z truck Broke

Has anyone had this problem - my love / hate is really pushing my buttons.

I was making a cribbage board as a test. Nothing on the cribbage board was deep enough to raise any alarms with me - the carving went through without a hitch. Then I loaded the 60 degree bit for the text and lines, but the bit took a dive and broke the z truck casting right at the screw hole.

Here's the file in case anyone can detect a problem with it.
    Last edited by Oliver Lande; 04-12-2008 at 09:00 AM.

Last year, someone had a problem with a broken casting. I believe CW replaced it for them. Time to give CW a call...
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

I see nothing in the file that should pose any problems. When the machine asked for the V60 bit at the start, did it actually touch the bit plate and surface of the wood OK?
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisAlb View Post
    I see nothing in the file that should pose any problems. When the machine asked for the V60 bit at the start, did it actually touch the bit plate and surface of the wood OK?
    Chris,

That would be my guess also! Get you every time!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Yea, as interesting as it is to watch this baby work, a lot of folks don't actually watch for or know the proper operation.
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

Default Broken Z

I believe it is a casting problem with a weak area. I would love to buy that broken Z from you to play with pressing the bearings?

AL

Default Casting

Since I've had bit plate problem and dive problems before, (bit plate needed lubrication, and the dive was a bad quick change combined with a deep pixel) I always watch for both the plate and the soft touch at bit change. In this case it did both correctly but dived a quarter of an inch into the wood after moving to its start location.

Unhappy broken lower right wheel on Z truck

After I replaced my broken power supply the machine didn't come on so I called CW and the tech told me I had to turn the contract knob for the LCD and when I did the machine was actually on. Good to know tip. My next task was to check for caliberation of the machine this is when I heard a sound and saw the bit come out of the QC, so I stopped the machine ( it had compled three passes on the first cut), when trying to remove the top of bit holder as it was still in the QC I noticed the lower right wheel had come off because part of the truck assy had broken. I hope it will be replaced under warrenty because I only have 8 hours on the machine. My question is does anyone have a parts breakdown for the machine and or a procedure for replacing the Z truck???

Default broken Z truck

oldman,

Sorry to hear of your problem, call LHR and speak to one of the techs, they will explain what to do.
    And it should be taken care of under warranty,
    the same thing has happened before so don't feel alone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Z truck.jpg   Lower right Z  truck wheel.jpg  
    Last edited by Kenm810; 04-14-2008 at 06:58 PM.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Default Broken Z truck

Thank you Kenm810 for your replay and your picture looks exactly like mine. I am assuming that CW and LHR are one in the same? If not do you have the phone # for LHR? So far it has been a good machine with a little problems and I must say the this fourm has answered a lot of questions and has a lot of insight.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast