Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zaxis Stall Error 246

Default Belt etc..

The belt has (maybe) 1/16th slack, it's pretty snug. Carving works fine, I've made many projects since I installed the new z-kit. (It was carving fine before then as well but I was told I had to install this $54 kit to use the scanning probe).

Arrow Eromran response & Current status; 05/14/2008

Quote Originally Posted by eromran View Post
    My first two probes were bad also once i got the third one it worked great. The problem was same as you explained (in the pigtail). You could have them just send you the pig tail and change it yourself to save all the time. It is very easy just two screws on the inside.
    Well, I twisted and pulled and cused at the newest probe and it still failed when scanning. I got a call last night from LHR and they are going to get an RMA and have me send the whole compucarve unit in. I still think there must be some bad RAM on the CPU card that can't cache the data fast enough, buffer overflow or something like that. Of course not knowing the "innards" it's just a guess. e.g.; Data flow in -> ok, data flow out <- fail.

I have to say LHR tech is doing all they can to resolve this. It's in it's box now waiting on the RMA# and a pickup. I'll post more when I know more.

Quote Originally Posted by rzinnel View Post
    Well, I twisted and pulled and cused at the newest probe and it still failed when scanning. I got a call last night from LHR and they are going to get an RMA and have me send the whole compucarve unit in. I still think there must be some bad RAM on the CPU card that can't cache the data fast enough, buffer overflow or something like that. Of course not knowing the "innards" it's just a guess. e.g.; Data flow in -> ok, data flow out <- fail.

I have to say LHR tech is doing all they can to resolve this. It's in it's box now waiting on the RMA# and a pickup. I'll post more when I know more.
    One of my probes the loose wire was shorted where it goes into probe another it was on the (opposite end) the plug in end. The last probe they sent me they said they would personally check it out before it left. When i got the last one i have only had time to scan a couple of things but the difference in quality of scan is great. Now I'm waiting on a board sensor.

Ver 1.179
    HP-Nvidia HD Video Card
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    Scanning with Carvewight Probe and Next Engine 3d Laser Scanner HD
    If you have any scanning needs let us know.Check Out Our Patterns in the depot under eromran

If you allow it to happen, you can let today erase all of yesterday or if you choose,you can let yesterday erase the rest of your life.
    Ed

Cool It's @ LHR now.

UPS picked up the whole thing yesterday. BTW; Always save the packaging it comes in or youwill have to buy a new box & packing foam to ship it. I'm glad I kept mine, since this has been ordeal enough. I'm waiting to hear from them now on what they found. I'll post results here.

Unhappy Got it back, still no joy..

I got my carvewright back from LHR repair early this week. I got a chance to work with it yesterday. Now insted of the Z-stall error I get a "Check probe" message after just a few passes. If I wiggle the tip of this probe (the 4th one), that error clears for a few more passes, then I get either the same error or "Motion flush w/o servo error 572 press stop".
    Here is what the packing list said they found as bad:
    1. Bad scanning probe (I'm glad to know it was not cockpit error)
    2. Cut motor switch failed
    3. Power supply failing
    4. zmotor slipping (this is the new zmotor kit, curious)..
    Here is what the packing list said was replaced:
    1. Cut motor switch
    2. Zmotor assembly
    3. Power supply
    4. Spindle shaft
    5. Scanning probe
    6. Power supply foam
    7. Greased lead screws & guide post
    8. Lubricated bit plate.
    I have yet to successfully use the scanning probe on anything larger than something the size of a dollar bill. The report also sent along said "cut time on arrival 2hr 17min, Cut time on shipping 5hr 17min". I wish they would have tried scanning something before sending it back. It always carved fine before. I got voicemail yesterday and today, (didn't leave a message, I hate voice mail), so I filled out the online support request and sent them an email.
    It sounds, based on the other posts, that taking apart the probe and doing a little soldering may fix the problem, but that would kill any warranty support, and for something that costs hundreds of dollars, it should be working.
    The probe that replaced mine with looks used, could it have been mis packed? I'll post response(s) and fixes as they come.

We are on the same number, calling them this morning on my last probe it scanned several objects great but now mine does the same thing again goes a couple passes then says check probe luckily i do know my problem the two wires that goes into probe one has come loose from spade where it connects on inside it was not soldiered good. I have to talk to them this morning and make sure if i fix it my self it won't void warranty that will be a lot quicker than sending it in. From the looks of the inside of the probe it does seem like there trying to make them better my last one was made a little different inside. There is a band holding the wire in place better and the connection look like there in a molded piece that the don't slip out as easy.

Ver 1.179
    HP-Nvidia HD Video Card
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    If you have any scanning needs let us know.Check Out Our Patterns in the depot under eromran

If you allow it to happen, you can let today erase all of yesterday or if you choose,you can let yesterday erase the rest of your life.
    Ed

Default Got impatient

That was an easy fix for a change just soldered wire back on spade and every thing is working fine.

Ver 1.179
    HP-Nvidia HD Video Card
    Windows 7 Ultimate

Ed

Unhappy 236 - Got tired too.

Well, I took your advice and opened it up and re-soldered the spade connections. And BINGO - no more check probe error.

I thought I had a winner until it got about 60% done and got a X AXIS STALL ERROR 236. Hmm, it's 10 error numbers lower so it must be better right? Sigh.. I pulled the card and deleted everything on it, thinking that might be obtuse way of saying the card was out of space (with all those partial scans and error logs). Powered it back up and am now 32% into the sunburst scan. Prior to the unit being sent in to LHR I never got farther than 20 something % before the zaxis stall. I'm beginning to think the carvewrite being able to scan is a myth. I'm far enough along to send in the probe and take my money back if that was a option.

Some help with the X Error.... Masking Tape on the bottom of your sled to give the small X Brass roller something to bite into.... Make sure the sled is up against the left guides. Make sure the right guide is not touching the right side of the sled. If you use a slippery board like the white plastic coated press board you might need to put something like duct tape on the bottom to give the sandpaper something to grip....

Just Blabber Mouthing some things that might trip you up....

Good Luck,

AL

Talking Success!!!

I couldn't believe my eyes. Two strips of duct-tape on the bottom of the sled and (of course after soldering the probe connections), it finally got a full scan. That's 1 in a row after 3 months of jacking around with it. I can't say all the repairs they did actually fixed the first errors, but the tape sure fixed the last ones. Thank you all for your help on this epic adventure...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast