Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Detail of scan

Default Detail of scan

Ok i did another scan with the probe I'm not wanting this cleaned up what i am wanting is to know is this what to expect from probe. To me it does not seem to be coming out with the detail (or maybe to much detail). when comparing what others are scanning it seems to be way off. If it is just a matter of cleaning up that's fine i was just trying to get an idea off what it should look like straight from scan. Any input will really be appreciated. THANKS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wrench4.jpg   wrench3.jpg   wrench2.jpg   Wrench1.jpg  

Attached Files Attached Files

Ver 1.179
    HP-Nvidia HD Video Card
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    Scanning with Carvewight Probe and Next Engine 3d Laser Scanner HD
    If you have any scanning needs let us know.Check Out Our Patterns in the depot under eromran

If you allow it to happen, you can let today erase all of yesterday or if you choose,you can let yesterday erase the rest of your life.
    Ed

Ed,

Did you have it in Best mode? I never tried a wrench like that but I would expect better results. My scanning has always been pretty detailed.

Chris
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

Yep, that's not the kind of detail normally achieved. Almost looks as if the wrench was not securely fastened to the sled, causing movement/vibration and distortion of the scan.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Default Detail of scan

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    Yep, that's not the kind of detail normally achieved. Almost looks as if the wrench was not securely fastened to the sled, causing movement/vibration and distortion of the scan.
    I thought that but it was very secure, and chris the scan was set at best thank you both for the suggestions though if you have any other ideas i would try any I'm eager to get this right. I had posted some example of other scan i did on another tread asking about the detail also but the results on all the scans look the same (terrible)

Ver 1.179
    HP-Nvidia HD Video Card
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    If you have any scanning needs let us know.Check Out Our Patterns in the depot under eromran

If you allow it to happen, you can let today erase all of yesterday or if you choose,you can let yesterday erase the rest of your life.
    Ed

Hello Ed,

If you are sure that the wrench (and other objects you tried) are absolutely solidly attached so that there is no vibration, you will need to contact Tech Support for other ideas as to why you are getting such poor results. You might even refer them to your photos so they can actually see the "icky" scans.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Default Everything tight?

I'd have to agree with Michael. With it mounted solid and set on best, you should get better results.

Check the chuck, Z truck and probe adapter in the chuck for being tight. The smallest amount of movement or play in any of them would likely cause big effects.
    Occasional Carvings

Patterns At The Depot

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    Hello Ed,

If you are sure that the wrench (and other objects you tried) are absolutely solidly attached so that there is no vibration, you will need to contact Tech Support for other ideas as to why you are getting such poor results. You might even refer them to your photos so they can actually see the "icky" scans.
    I am sure about peice being attached good but when you mention vibration it got me thinking about how my machine has always run without probe but i thought it was just the way that it ran. That is during the Y movement the moter make a lot of noise more at even slower speeds and the whole machine has a slight vibration the noise is coming from the motor on the key pad side where there looks like a heatsink. The sound is the sound you get on a motor when you try to keep it from turning almost like a deep hum. Is there any oiling or adjustments to do or try on that side.THANKS

Ver 1.179
    HP-Nvidia HD Video Card
    Windows 7 Ultimate

Ed

With the power off for at least 15 seconds, make sure the Y & Z movements are smooth when you move them by hand. If there's any "rough" spots, clean everything really good and put a little silicone spray on a rag and wipe the Y & Z rails. Keep working them by hand until it moves smoothly the whole way.
    Occasional Carvings

Patterns At The Depot

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisAlb View Post
    With the power off for at least 15 seconds, make sure the Y & Z movements are smooth when you move them by hand. If there's any "rough" spots, clean everything really good and put a little silicone spray on a rag and wipe the Y & Z rails. Keep working them by hand until it moves smoothly the whole way.
    Did as you said Then thought i would scan a clean mirror just to see how bad it was this is the picture on wood Not carved as it comes from scan) and the ptn picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mirror1.jpg   mirror2.jpg  
    Last edited by eromran; 04-03-2008 at 05:45 PM.

Ver 1.179
    HP-Nvidia HD Video Card
    Windows 7 Ultimate

Ed

eroman,

I'm new at this scanning probe too, but I think I've had pretty good success so far. I think I have a software glitch though. When I start, and position the probe for the first position and hit enter for the probe to mark the spot, no go, sometimes the probe makes a very small movement, other times it's dead. Start over and try again, then maybe it will descend after pushing enter 6 to 10 times. All other movements work as they should. Sometime if I remove the card and reinsert it, it works (power off of course). If it's not software then it could be a loose connection somewhere, but the machine carves fine, all axis' move ok.
    I've attached a scan of a Proto Tool Wrench so you can see the results.
    Go ahead, make my Day!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast