Thread: Pop Art

Default Pop Art

After looking threw some of the great projects being made it hit me that maybe some of the peices will be concidered Pop Art down the road. I watch Antique Raod show once in a while. They show all kinds of hand made peices even as late as the 50s bringing some nice estimates. Was wondering how many people sign, date and put a location on their work.

If nothing else, would be nice to have this information for some relative or buyer down the road to see and have.

Quote Originally Posted by SandBuoy View Post
    After looking threw some of the great projects being made it hit me that maybe some of the peices will be concidered Pop Art down the road. I watch Antique Raod show once in a while. They show all kinds of hand made peices even as late as the 50s bringing some nice estimates. Was wondering how many people sign, date and put a location on their work.

If nothing else, would be nice to have this information for some relative or buyer down the road to see and have.
    I use an electric branding iron on my furniture, turnings and carvings. Then I sign it with a black Sharpie. Stuff too small to brand just gets a signature.

I also use a branding iron. lord only knows if i signed it no one would ever be able to read it
    "Our principles are the springs of our actions. Our actions, the springs of our happiness or misery. Too much care, therefore, cannot be taken in forming our principles." Red Skelton

I have 1.132 and previous versions back to 1.19 on standby

Please support Cystic Fibrosis

I've used a nice script font (centerline) and signed the back with date and let the CC carve it on the back with a 60 degree bit.
    Go ahead, make my Day!

I,ve been doing it for some time now, all I do is up date the year.
    and keep a record and photo file on each piece.
    The A.R.I. stands for Art In Reserve -- storage
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Signature and Company.jpg  
    Last edited by Kenm810; 04-01-2008 at 05:49 PM.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails