Thread: Craftsman 1/8" Adapter:

Default Craftsman 1/8" Adapter:

Has anyone used the Craftsman 1/8" to 1/4" adapter, product #932350, in their CW machine? Recommended max speed is 30,000 RPM. The CW runs at 20,000 RPM. I think it should work. It comes with an Allen wrench, two rotor cutters and sells for $8. Any thoughts on this adapter?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Adapter.JPG  
    Last edited by lootlam; 03-18-2008 at 01:49 AM.
    George Cassidy
    Kennesaw, GA

not sure if this would work, but email rjustice at cw_parts@yahoo.com for a professionally made bit adapter designed to fit the QC. It works wonderfully!!!!
    ver 1.162
    -If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it is jammed, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
    -If it moves and it shouldn't, duct tape it. If it doesn't move and it should, Boeshield T-9

lootlam; no problem. just use a good quality bit with lock-tite. definitely not that dry wall bit.

Default Adapter

Lootlam, I tried this a few months ago with a Roto Zip bit to cut out parts in 1/4" birch plywood mounted in a sled. It worked ok, but you can see the cutter did heat up a bit. I also ground divots in the shaft with a Dremel so the set screws had a place to seat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bit.jpg  
    Go ahead, make my Day!

Thumbs up 1/8 bit adapters

Here is a better way to go... harder than stock holders, perfect fit, near perfect balance and less than .0002 runout.

Just email me for a parts list and pictures...

Ron
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1-8 Bit adapter.jpg  
    To order the "Made in USA" Rock Chuck, and other custom tools and accessories I make for your CarveWright, see my website by clicking here -> http://www.cw-parts.com
    See a quick video of the new Rock Chuck in action here!
    Read up on QC Removal for stubborn chucks here
    See the Rock install video here
    You can also visit here for discussion content.
    Email me by clicking here

Quote Originally Posted by rjustice View Post
    Here is a better way to go... harder than stock holders, perfect fit, near perfect balance and less than .0002 runout.

Just email me for a parts list and pictures...

Ron
    I second that. I got one of Ron's adapters and have been using it with fine Dremel bits and Centerline fonts to make lettering. It is a very precise add-on.

Kelly

Default Craftsman 1/8" Adapter:

Thanks to all for your response to my inquiry. I have seen the custom adapter by rjustice and they are of high quality workmanship. I can appreciate it because of my machining background. And I can also appreciate the cost of $20 each. However, I'm just doing some hobby stuff that doesn't require such a high degree of precision. I saw this item in sears and thought it could work. I haven't try it yet. If it really runs out a lot I'll get one of the high precision adapters. Maybe rjustice could turn out similar adapters at a hobby cost. I believe an adapter, with set screw, for the 1/2" CW adapter could also work nicely.
    Last edited by lootlam; 03-19-2008 at 10:11 AM. Reason: misspelling
    George Cassidy
    Kennesaw, GA

eod mcgrath Guest

Default craftsman quick change router adapter

i have bought several of these and use them. i have gotten great result and would reccommed them.