Thread: Scanning question...

Default Scanning question...

I have a maltese cross clock I want to scan. Specifically for the outline. The plastic bezel (over the clock face) is domed and stands proud of the rest of the object. In the scanner software, will it be EASILY possible to remove the domed "inner circle" (clock face) and replace it with a recessed flat surface?

I haven't experimented with the scanner program yet so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Steve
    It's all about the XYZ baby!

Quote Originally Posted by sweliver View Post
    I have a maltese cross clock I want to scan. Specifically for the outline. The plastic bezel (over the clock face) is domed and stands proud of the rest of the object. In the scanner software, will it be EASILY possible to remove the domed "inner circle" (clock face) and replace it with a recessed flat surface?

I haven't experimented with the scanner program yet so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Steve
    I would likely save the original scan as a PNG, then open it in PhotoShop, (or Corel PhotoPaint, Corel PhotoImpact...whatever), draw a circle over the dome (in whatever shade of grey that is appropriate to create the recess you want). If any other editing is req'd, I'd go ahead and do it in PhotoShop (or whatever photo editing program you use) then resave it as a new PNG, import it into Designer, save as a PTN. Done!
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 03-22-2008 at 06:45 PM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Default you could do it in the editor

if you wanted to. use the color picker and pick a shade of grey theat is at the level you want the inner circle to be and paint away with the paint brush. or erase the inner circle alltogether then you could put other patterns in there without interference. the editor is real basic and not loaded with options like most paint programs though. paint.net is a free download image manipulator if you don't have anything else.

Thanks Tim & Mike,

I Photoshop. Probably only utilize 1% of its full capabilities.

sw
    It's all about the XYZ baby!