Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Lithos

Default My Lithos

I finally got around to using my machine. I bought it a year ago, but I coach 2 kids in 2 sports - most of you know how it is. The dog is my brothers - it "WOWWED" him. The little girl was a surprise gift for a friend of ours. She has Cystic-Fibrosis. The pix for this litho I took off the internet. I was satisifed with the results - It brought tears to the mothers eyes. I couldn't have gotten a better value for my time, money & effort. Thanks to all who have posted on what this machine can do - I wish I could share the joy. I will tell you this - I have been asked for my business card many times because "people" will pay for specialized work. I tell them I already have a job. So there is an opportunity for added income for CW'ers. Good luck. I will help any way I can.

Shinny
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails harley litho unlit (Medium).JPG   Harley litho lit (Medium).JPG   WOB Litho unlit (Medium).jpg   WOB litho lit (Medium).jpg  

"There's no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy." - John Wooden

Those turned out absolutely fantastic! Great job!

Can I ask how long they took to carve?

Jim

Very nice indeed... What material did you use to make them with?

Thanks - They took 1 hour 10 min. I also used an LED puck light. Portfolio # 240230. I bought them at Lowes for about $18. The flourescent puck light was too bright. Maybe my lithos are carved too thin. Its still a work in progress. I also tried a 2' rope light ($2.99 at Home Depot). results were ok at best.

The lithos are corian, the boxes are cherry
    Last edited by Shinny; 03-10-2008 at 10:37 PM. Reason: added contant
    "There's no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy." - John Wooden

Smile

Very nice work,Shinny

Default great lithos

The lithos are fantastic. Can I ask a couple of questions regarding them?
    1. What color of corian did you use and also thickness?
    2. What settings did you use for the carvings?
    3. What did you do to the photos to import them to the carvewright?
    I have tried on white acrylic and there is no color definition when put up to a light. Is it the corian that when put in front of a light adds the color definition?

Thanks a lot

Terry

Default answers

The color of corian is cameo white .25" thick. Settings are depth .150, height of 40. I use photoshop to convert to grayscale (removes color), Invert (creates the "negative" look). save. Open carvewright, import image,invert (this makes the lighter areas thinner). set board settings, depth, height. Then let the machine make you look like you know what you're doing. Good luck.

Default Maybe I'm just thick.

Shinny,

Invert (creates the "negative" look). save. Open carvewright, import image,invert (this makes the lighter areas thinner).
    When you invert to the negative look the invert again at the import image it's the same as not inverting at all, ain't it?
    Mel

Patterns for sale at CW's Pattern Depot
    Check out "Yankee Pop's Shop" at
    http://www.carvewright.com/store/pat...nkeepop&page=1

Yeah not sure why everyone is inverting in the image editor like photoshop then re-inverting when in designer. Simply importing the greyscale image into designer should work.

Default Logic?

Hotpop

I buy the logic - I just haven't had the courage to try to do one w\out the double inverting. This topic has been brought up many times - I don't know which way is best. The results I got were very good, & doubling inverting is just a matter of a couple of "clicks".

thanks
    shinny

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast