Thread: Machines Going Back

Default Machines Going Back

Well I messed around with the head last night till about midnight. Finally got both sides level and very lightly cranked it down. It did slip once but got it pretty tight. But I also couldn't get it to rachet.

Tried running the project I stored on the card. It measured left to right and then end to the back to measure the length. When it got to the back it just sat there and shimmied back and forth and then I got a Zbundle error. Being new I expect it something I am doing wong.

While I was up I wanted to check out some other things on the key board. I checked the sensor with a white peice of paper, 143 is the highest I could get but it returned to O fast.

Next I checked the rollers, Both rollers on the near side (keyboard) checked out okay. With a little pressure it compressed and released fine. The back side both rollers won't do anything. Reguardless of the pressure it wouldn't compress. I did hear the micro switches on the near rollers but could get nothing on the far ones.

So right now with all the problem I have had I think I am going to take it back and reorder a new one the next day, I think.

There are a couple of problems with returning it. (1) the sales is over and I might have to pay full price. (2) I am concerned about not getting my 5 year warranty plan refunded. If this happens it could be a $500-600 loss.

But I just can't see having these 2-3 problems on a new out of the box machine. I know some are going to say do the fixes on it and have a working machine. Well theres no guarantee that there is something else wornf after I get these fixes done.

Let you all know what comes of it. I ain't giving up on this carving machine yet, Just this particular machine I think.

This sort of issue bothers me a great deal too. I just keep my fingers crossed as my machine seems to be working correctly since making the initial fixes, but based on what I have heard here on the forum and out on the web, I will not be surprised when it dies on me. I fear that anyway.
    Greg Luckett
    Michigan
    Greg Luckett
    Great Lakes Wood Arts Co.
    Saint Joseph, MI

Default 3rd machine?

I took my 2nd machine back to Sears yesterday. Just too many problems. I'm sure that this machine was a refurbished, previously owned machine that I received as a replacement for my first one. Sears told me it would be toward the end of April before I received my replacement. Try explaining that to your customers......... Apparently Sears is out of stock? I'll cross my fingers that they're not "creating" a shortage to justify raising the price or to deter folks from returning the non-working machines. I just hope the 3rd one is the charm.

I do appreciate everyone's input to this forum. It has helped me keep this machine running as long as it has. All of the problems that I experienced were the same as one or another forum contributor. It just seemed that this machine had ALL of those issues. It had to go back.

Marty

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SandBuoy View Post
    Next I checked the rollers, Both rollers on the near side (keyboard) checked out okay. With a little pressure it compressed and released fine. The back side both rollers won't do anything. Reguardless of the pressure it wouldn't compress. I did hear the micro switches on the near rollers but could get nothing on the far ones.
    I think only the front move.? The rear just pivots, no?