Thread: "Yankee Facade"

Mr. NYY Guest

Default "Yankee Facade"

Sorry it's taken so long to post this......I have a 16 month old and I sometimes don't think there are enough hours in the day. Anyway, I saw that Chris had posted a couple of pics of the finished product......well the pics don't do it justice......I am the ultimate Yankees fan and I swear I feel like I'm at the game everytime I look at the facade. Chris did an unbeleivable job.....it really looks like he took the facade off of Yankee stadium, shrunk it down then sent it to me.....it is so authentic. All I did was paint it and add a few flags....the real artwork was done long before it was sent to me. Chris is a true "professional".....he kept me informed every step of the way to make sure I was satisfied with everything that he was doing......I was completley blown away with the finished project. Not only did he do a tremendous job but Chris is also a great person......I couldn't have gotten a more perfect Yankee facade or a better person to make it......Thanks Chris!!
    Michael
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01229.JPG   DSC01231.JPG  

Default Fantastic work !!!!

Yes, my Neighbor Chris is quite the Artisan of Wood. I too was very impressed with the project.... A additional follow on project would be a 3D carving of a stadium view on a wood plaque or on the front and sides of a fire place wood chest.

Here is a 3D carving that I did and had the artwork done for me by HT at www.go3d.us at a reasonable price. Line art to 3D.... Someday I will be able to do that too.

If someone took the time to make the artwork for some historical sports views it would be like printing money.... Imagine all the possibilities.... Fire Place wood chests, Burial Urn Boxes, plaques, household accessories like wooden table lamps, cutting boards and signs for the Sports Bar, Ball display cases, Retirement cases and chests, etc....

This is a guy's website that gets my creative juices flowing with ideas in wood chests.
    Worth a look. Apply this idea to $ports....

http://www.outdoors-n-more.com/outdo...products_id=64

Thanks for posting,

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 03-02-2008 at 11:10 AM.