Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Check For Board Problems Press Any Key

Quote Originally Posted by pkunk View Post
    Try moving your sliding plate 1/8" off the board. Then go to options on your keypad and have it measure board.
    I don't mean to sidetrack this thread, but if the sliding plate isn't slightly touching the work piece how can it guide and keep the stock against the squaring plate. I'm new and certainly not arguing with you, but if it's an eighth inch away from the stock it may as well be 4 inches away. What am I missing, please?
    Thanks
    ken

Well, the first project carved ok. Set up the second project just like the first one. Got "Check Board For Errors". Turned the other side down. Same thing. Flipped board end for end. Same thing. Quit for the day. Keep in mind these boards came from a millwork shop. They are light maple, consistant width and thickness. Still open for suggestions.

Default Check board

Check your board sensor for the low number, it needs to be 5 or lower when over the squaring plate. also check your roller compression before you remove the board the switches could be boarderline out of adjustment. It is usually a roller switch or brass wheel problem that gives you a check board.error.
    Ron Baird Ottawa, Ontario (summer)
    Rockport, Texas (winter)
    Beta Tester since Jan. 2005

also check to see if you still have the rubber o-ring on the brass wheel on the bottom left of the machine. Mine is usually due to a warped board when I get that message.
    Ben

Yes, the "O" ring is there and the boards are flat. I'm going to try to tap on the rollers and blow some air around the sensor area when I get home tonight. I won't have time to set up the machine and check the sensor readings until the weekend. Keep the suggestions coming. Thanks.

Default Same problem

I'm having the same problem with one of my machines. However, I'm trying to crave a rough cut red cedar. It's the machine that will not stay in alinement. I'll take it apart tomorrow and realine the head. The pressure on the left hand roller is 40 to 45 and the right it about 50 to 55. I'll reajust the head and it will work for one or two projects then I will have to take the thing apart again.
    I don't understand why the head pressure changes after I use it a few times.
    Anyone out there have the same problem?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12