Thread: Finally

Default Finally

Something presentable to all of you who've inspired and offered up all of your ptn's and mpc's.

I'll post a pic of the final carve in a couple days. I have to work and get ready for a beer tasting competition. I have 3 - 5 gallon batches of homebrew I'm putting out for sampling at a city wide event. Brewing has been my main endeavor until I got the CW.

sw
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Maltese cross

Very nice, have you cut it yet?
    Firefighters trained to save your butt not kiss it!

Please read the posts......" I'll post a pic of the final carve in a couple days."
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Default Just finished

Quote Originally Posted by fyrpuppy View Post
    Very nice, have you cut it yet?
    Just finished an hour carve. Not satisfied yet. The ladder and hydrant are my own ptn's. The vertical lines in the hydrant are too narrow leading to rough edges. The ladder needs a little tweaking. Maybe a little more depth around the letters/words.

So, back to photoshop.

Otherwise I'm pleased. I can see a layer of gold leaf on the outline and clear finish on the rest.

My last few test patterns have been on bertch verneer on mdf. I think the mdf is too weak for the fine detail compared to a more stout verneer.

Happy carving,

Steve

Default Patterns

Have you checked out the FD patterns in vectorart3D page 4 int the CW pattern depot? I have purchased some and they carve great. Good luck..keep carving (Local 2622 JBFD Capt. RET)

Default God bless you brother

Quote Originally Posted by murph View Post
    Have you checked out the FD patterns in vectorart3D page 4 int the CW pattern depot? I have purchased some and they carve great. Good luck..keep carving (Local 2622 JBFD Capt. RET)
    You beat me to it...less than 3 years to retirement...but I don't want to wish my life away.

I'v only experimented with the free artwork for the cross and trying to incorporate our local art for each arm of the cross. I've got a few ideas for the center.

Stay safe,

Steve Weliver
    Capt., Aerial 311
    Waterloo, IA
    It's all about the XYZ baby!