Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Celtic knot heart spoon first attempt at carving 2 side

Thanks Ken.

Thank you all.

HT
    Last edited by www.go3d.us; 03-14-2008 at 11:37 PM.

Thumbs up First Celtic Spoon

Still needs some sanding and a pretty finish. This is a piece of Hackberry scrap with a quick splash of Light Walnut Danish Oil.
    These things are amazing to watch being carved. I admit I was getting an elevated pucker factor toward the end waiting for some wood to be left to hold the carve in place, but HT came through.
    The files as supplied by HT are excellent, I just used the MPC file included.
    I need to do a couple more practice ones then do some in Walnut, Padauk and Purpleheart.
    Thanks HT, I'm sure designing these was a lot of work.
    ken
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CelticSpoon1.jpg  

Hello HT
    I purchased the Celtic knot heart spoon and the Cross-, A most have for the collection of patterns.
    Outstanding Art form, I think if you are not already there, you are on your way to becoming a renowned Artist in your lifetime.
    It’s snowing here today and I may get to carve the spoon today.
    Keep them coming and thanks for the feedback yesterday.

Cheers
    Thank you for the learning Carve. Ver. 1.126

4. Default Celtic Spoon

I also thought the spoons all look great, and will probably get each one. So far, I have purchased the Celtic Knot. I am a little confused about how to carve it. The instruction indicate to invert the pattern. Is this correct? Also, I was going to use a half inch thick sled. What do I want to tell the program when it comes to jogging? It gives some warnings.

Thanks,

Don

Ken, That's look nice. Better than what I had.

Ray, Thank you for your kind words.

Don, invert the patterns is required only if you do your own set up.
    The .mpc file come with the pattern can be used to carve without doing any setting to it. All you need is a piece of wood that has the exact measurement.
    If your wood piece is slightly larger than the work piece inside the CW designer then "Center to wide" is the best option. Sled not required to carve this pattern.

Hope this help.
    Thanks.
    HT

Quote Originally Posted by www.go3d.us View Post
    Ken, That's look nice. Better than what I had.

Ray, Thank you for your kind words.

Don, invert the patterns is required only if you do your own set up.
    The .mpc file come with the pattern can be used to carve without doing any setting to it. All you need is a piece of wood that has the exact measurement.
    If your wood piece is slightly larger than the work piece inside the CW designer then "Center to wide" is the best option. Sled not required to carve this pattern.

Hope this help.
    Thanks.
    HT
    HT,
    I have a gob of 5/8" thick wood. What, if any. changes do I need to make to the depth and/or height settings from the MPC file you included for 3/4" stock?
    Thanks, the missus loves these spoons!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Massingale View Post
    HT,
    I have a gob of 5/8" thick wood. What, if any. changes do I need to make to the depth and/or height settings from the MPC file you included for 3/4" stock?
    Thanks, the missus loves these spoons!
    Ken, for 5/8" thick stock I would suggest divide it by 2 and set half for the front and half for the rear. 5/8" = .625 divide by 2 = .313".

Thanks.
    HT

8. Default Celtic Spoon

HT,

Thanks for the help. Now I got it. I will be getting me some of the other spoon patterns, too.

Don

Thanks Don,
    Hope you like my spoon patterns.
    I have the fork coming soon.
    HT

10. Default

This year for valentines day I thought i would carve my wife a celtic love spoon. I searched around and couldn't find any. I married a sassy scotts/irish gal who i am sure she will appreciate it. I saw where a site go3d.us may have had some patterns but the link is broken or the site is no longer there. Anyone know of any place to get a pattern?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast