Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Celtic knot heart spoon first attempt at carving 2 side

I too am looking for his celtic knot spoon ptn or an stl file of it. I've had no luck tracking down a current website that has his files for download.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    I too am looking for his celtic knot spoon ptn or an stl file of it. I've had no luck tracking down a current website that has his files for download.
    The Go3D.us site is not longer active but you might try sending them a private message from the forum to see if they have the pattern available to send you.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Thanks guys. lol. I was reading the thread and decided to see what these Celtic spoons looked like beyond these designs.

I just made the mistake of showing these types of spoons to my wife. Her comment was "why don't I have one these? Don't you love me!?"

Off to the drafting table. >

Quote Originally Posted by oscarl48 View Post
    Thanks guys. lol. I was reading the thread and decided to see what these Celtic spoons looked like beyond these designs.

I just made the mistake of showing these types of spoons to my wife. Her comment was "why don't I have one these? Don't you love me!?"

Oscar, your getting off easy. I made the mistake of carving a more simple spoon design in the meantime and showed it to a group of women at work today. I had not even had the time to sand it down and finish it yet but the responses were great! Every one of them wanted one. One wanted me to make the large wall hanging size for her. Another thought to put a clock in the end of a big spoon for her kitchen.

An internet image search for Celtic knot spoons or Welsh spoons will pull up many delightful styles. I see some of the websites are charging $50.00 bucks a spoon! They are almost as bad as shoes for women; if it's a style they like they will pay what ever it takes to own them.

oscar148 is this what your looking for from way back I had to pay to get done they are a great set for highland game we have here show these to your wife lol she might like them
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails celtic knot fork.PNG   celtic knot spatula.PNG   celtic knot spoon.PNG  
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Hmm, been wanting to do one of these for a long time, looking at these pictures I just realized I could use the extrude tool and whip one up pretty quickly. I have been playing around for about 15 minutes and already have a cool design starting to come together. Thanks for sharing.

dave

Rocketman, too funny. Good luck with that. ;D

Henry, those are beautiful. I've actually started designing one for the wife with her input. I am probably at an 80% final design. I still have to build the Celtic knot for the middle and I am thinking of adding vines to the overall spoon. Not sure yet what I want to do with the ropes. They will not remain straight like I have them now. Maybe a noose. lol...don't tell the wife.

Dave, I was amazed at what people have carved.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW Welch love spoon ver2.png  
    Last edited by oscarl48; 10-12-2016 at 06:23 PM.

Is anyone willing to tell me how you get the over and under in the pattern?
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Finished the design. Heart shaped locket with heart shaped key interwoven with vines around a Celtic knot and finally two stars representing two Texans. My wife is from Houston and I'm from El Paso.

I don't know why but she nixed the hang noose and ball and chains patterns I was ready to throw in there.

Clint, sorry can't help unless its with blender.

The key and pear leaf have been previously shared and for the blender users I have shared the technique in making spoons under 3rd party software thread.

I'll try to carve it this weekend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW Celtic Welsh spoon front.png   CW Celtic Welxh spoon back.png  

Finished the design. Heart shaped locket with heart shaped key interwoven with vines around a Celtic knot and finally two stars representing two Texans. My wife is from Houston and I'm from El Paso.

I don't know why but she nixed the hang noose and ball and chains patterns I was ready to throw in there.

Clint, sorry can't help unless its with blender.

The key and pear leaf have been previously shared and for the blender users I have shared the technique in making spoons under 3rd party software thread.

I'll try to carve it this weekend.
    Oscar you have a private message
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast