Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Finished Facade

Quote Originally Posted by Kenm810 View Post
    Chris,

Very impressive, a lonnnng Job, well done.

The photos look great,
    It was nice that your client sent them to you,
    and that you shared them with all of us.
    Thanks Ken & Michael,

I wouldn't dream of not sharing. It's all of you who have helped me in the past to have the confidence to say to him.."yea, I think I can do that".

I may have done the design and the carve, but I think we should all get a little credit. So thanks all!

Now let's just pray I get a 100 more orders...lol
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

Default Yankee Facade

Chris
    Fantastic job. I would never think of thinking on a job of that size. I will be showing your photos to many Friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    Chris
    Fantastic job. I would never think of thinking on a job of that size. I will be showing your photos to many Friends.
    Thanks Big Bob,

Any of them happen to be BIG Yankee fans???...lol

Poppa needs a new pair of boots.
    Occasional Carvings

Patterns At The Depot

michael1047 Guest

Default Awesome!

Awesome Chris!
    Big Bob (my Dad) showed me this. (I'm going through all his posts to try to catch up and learn as he did.)

is that one piece of wood?

Hey Mike,

Thank you. One of my more enjoyable projects. Although the whole thing made me pretty nervous as I was still pretty new to the CW. I was pretty sure "It" could do it, just wasn't sure if "I" had all my T's crossed and I's dotted before I hit that old START button....LOL

15 hours later I found that I did...whew!

Yep, cut it from a 7 foot long Poplar 1 x 12.
    Occasional Carvings

Patterns At The Depot

Default Yankee Facade

Just saw the Yankee facade. Great work Chris. Was that done in one piece of poplar, and did draw it in designer or scan something in with the probe? or scan in a photo?

Louie
    Louie

Don't try to teach a pig to sing, it annoys the pig and is a waste of your time. - Mark Twain

Hi Louie,

Yes, one piece of wood and I did the artwork by hand from scratch in PSP.
    Occasional Carvings

Patterns At The Depot

A BIG BUMP.... Floyd and I were chatting with ChrisAlb last night on Facebook. Floyd posted this link to his thread... Pretty nice work... At the time it was one of the longest carving projects that we knew of... Chris has a excellent talent with the Artwork and Finishing... Someday soon he will have his machine carving again when work does not get in the way... Miss you Buddy.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    A BIG BUMP.... Floyd and I were chatting with ChrisAlb last night on Facebook. Floyd posted this link to his thread... Pretty nice work... At the time it was one of the longest carving projects that we knew of... Chris has a excellent talent with the Artwork and Finishing... Someday soon he will have his machine carving again when work does not get in the way... Miss you Buddy.
    Great bump Al! I had a good time chatting about Chris's work and designs.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Back in the day when we were new to the machines... Chris and I met another carver from Up State New York called Chisel me Timbers in a Church Parking lot along the Delaware River where I knew the Caretaker. We did a Sand Paper Belt Change for Chisel Me Timbers as I was the only one that had already done one. Chisel Me Timbers made Chainsaw Bears and Eagles. He used the CW to make Cute Signs for the Bears to hold up... Lost track of him and when I did a search he had not posted in a long time.

Some pictures from back in the day. The last one is a Gravity Railroad Passenger Car that Chris did for me from a photo. I made and donated a 4 foot version for a historical society I belong to.

One that used a Gravity Railroad Cars to move coal down hill to a Canal along the Delaware River between New York and PA. Coal was moved by barge to New York City. The returning empty cars were pulled up by steam driven cable systems. Honesdale PA was the first place in the USA that a Steam Locomotive was put on the Tracks. Purchased from England and designed to pull the empty coal cars back up the mountain. The first trip was about a mile when it was found that the tracks could not support the weight of the steam locomotive. So the idea was TRASHED. They converted the Steam Engine to pull cables siting on the top of a hill.

More here. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...7&ff=283483529
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC06318_WEB_WEB.jpg   DSC06941_WEB.jpg   DSC07053_WEB.jpg   DSC06981_WEB.jpg  

DSC07020_WEB.jpg   DSC06963_WEB.jpg   DSC07006_WEB.jpg   Chris's Carving_WEB.jpg  

Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 07-22-2019 at 01:20 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast