Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Thanks ChrisAlb, Doc Wheeler, Ken810

Just North of the South Side, Western Edge of the Eastern Slope, Denver.

Nice work on the coasters. Inspired me to make a set, or a hundred. And then the reality set in. It aint as easy as I would like to think!

What I am trying to do is have the Jack Attack pattern cut into the area of the carve region in the middle, instead of it sittign as a relief. Any thoughts?

Also, bought a 4 inch hole saw to use to cut them out, as I had a good experience when making some golf ball stylized backgammon chips for a backgammon board we made last year. Using the cut path left too much sanding to be done, and on Tiger Wood no less. However, I dont have a outfeed support for my drill press, and after playing with a prototype I think I might want to try out the 1/16th cutting bit. Has anyone had good luck with gettign a smooth edge from the 1/16th cutting bit?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Kix View Post
    Nice work on the coasters. Inspired me to make a set, or a hundred. And then the reality set in. It aint as easy as I would like to think!

What I am trying to do is have the Jack Attack pattern cut into the area of the carve region in the middle, instead of it sittign as a relief. Any thoughts?

Also, bought a 4 inch hole saw to use to cut them out, as I had a good experience when making some golf ball stylized backgammon chips for a backgammon board we made last year. Using the cut path left too much sanding to be done, and on Tiger Wood no less. However, I dont have a outfeed support for my drill press, and after playing with a prototype I think I might want to try out the 1/16th cutting bit. Has anyone had good luck with gettign a smooth edge from the 1/16th cutting bit?
    I just wanted to make sre you knew that the 1/16" cutting bit is limited to materials about .25" thick.

Doug Fletcher

Just North of the South Side, Western Edge of the Eastern Slope, Denver.

I did not know that, search engine wouldnt take 1/16th as a term. Guess I learned something new today.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678