Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sears Warranty Response

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Sears Warranty Response

We understand that Sears has begun selling extended warranties on the
    CompuCarve. We do not honor or service any extended warranty at this time.
    We can only refer you back to the Sears store where the sale was made.

Thank you.

LHR Technologies

Default question then

May I ask why you are not offering an extended warranty?
    Still using 1.120 & 1.126

Maybe because its almost impossible to tell if alot of people are ignoring one of their statements in the warranty section:

The warranty does not cover commercial or industrial use.

But yet you still see alot of people using it for this reason. But if sears is offering the extented warranty then I guess sears will have to flip the bill.

Default extended warranty

I'm a electronic service industry guy by day, woodworker in my spare time after the day job is over.
    Let me explain something to you who are asking about "extended warranties" and see if we can clear up some confusion.

Compare buying your Carvewright Machine to buying a Chevy Truck or a Sony TV. It comes with a MANUFACTURER WARRANTY. That warranty designates a time span during which the manufacturer will repair their product due to manufacturing defect.

It does not matter if you bought the product at Sears, Jim Bobs Chevrolet, or Best Buy....they are DEALERS...they are not MANUFACTURERS.

EXTENDED WARRANTIES are like buying insurance for your Chevy truck from State Farm....if you wreck your truck or blow the engine, State Farm will pay a THIRD PARTY Servicer to do the repair (if the terms of the extended warranty/insurance says it will- read the fine print- thats how lawyers make a living).
    Chevy does not fix your truck, State Farm does not fix your truck...State Farm pays Joe's Body Shop and Garage to fix your truck. Neither Chevy nor Joe is going to give you a "loaner car" while yours is being fixed.

Some MANUFACTURERS do indeed sell their own extended warranty and do their own repairs...but it is very rare. ( In the auto world, the service department is a completely separate entity from the DEALERSHIP even if they operate under the same name in the same building)

We, the Carvewright users have been very fortunate to have LHR at our disposal to inquire about repairs both in and out of MANUFACTURER WARRANTY regardless of whether we bought our machine directly, from Sears, from some website or from the guy down the street....and regardless of whether we have an in-warranty manufacturer defect, out of warranty problem, misused it, abused it, or just plain wore it out!

EXTENDED WARRANTIES are INSURANCE POLICIES. Neither the MANUFACTURER or the SERVICER are in control of, or responsible for what that warranty/insurance policy covers, or what some salesman may have led you to believe.

LHR provides excellent customer service both IN and OUT of warranty.
    Try calling Sony about your $4000 plasma TV one week past manufacturer warranty and see what you get!
    Thats the reality of it...read the fine print.

Default seems to have went off topic

Quote Originally Posted by newcarver View Post
    May I ask why you are not offering an extended warranty?
    My original question was why lhr does not offer an extended warranty not sears. LHR denies any involvment in sears offering this for the compucarve, and does not offer one for the carvewright. I guess it comes down to the fact that lhr has us over a barrel being one of two sellers of their product. So if your machine has had alot of issues during the warranty, why would any company wish to offer any further assistance to customers who stuck with them through the trials of a new machine. I stuck with it and now am a bit scared by the rate of breakdowns and labor costs, not to mention when i get a part there is a 50/50 chance it isnt even a new part and now i have to pay for that. I have never had an issue with sales, techs or any other people who work there, they have been great in the resolution of my issues. Sears offers this now for the compucarve, what about the carvewright owners? I guess they have to fend for themselves, right. Others have stated that they just dont have tooffer added protection, and they are right. They CAN do what they wish, and will continue to do so. I can't be the only one who wishes they would back up the machine i have grown to like so much. Others have said if you have never had tools breakdown, then your not using them. I can only say to that, i have many tools as well as a hunder other products as we all do and if they all acted up the way this does, i would probably go with the one who does offer extra protection over one who does not. Most products i have bought lately(even at walmart) offer an added service plan. So back to my original question, why is lhr not offering any added assistance for the faithful users?

Question People in the know

Hi Newcarver,

I haven't been following this thread so please forgive me if this has been asked and answered already. But, have you asked LHR this question?

The folks in here don't work for them. I know I wish I could answer it not only for you but for myself as well as I'm a CW not a CC owner. I've been self employed in the building trades all my life and as such have a ton of tools to cover most every aspect of building custom homes from the dirt to the cabinets. In all honesty, I've never had an extended warranty on any of them. I guess I just never really worried about it much as I care for my tools to a point (some might think anal..lol) that I've never really needed one. That's not to say I haven't had a bunch go south on me over the years, I surely have and some, yep, right out of the box. I know a lot of folks have had a bunch of problems with their machines and I'm sure at least some of it is due to...well...just a bad machine. I don't know if it's just that I'm lucky or it's due to the anal thing but mine has been pretty good to me thus far. (I don't think it's luck though as I've never had any...LOL). Anyway, I'd love to know the answer to your question but I can't help thinking that you're asking the wrong folks.

If you have asked LHR I'd be very interested in what their answer was myself.

Chris
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

Default yes i have

Yes I have asked them this question several times since i bought it. When I purchased this 1yr and 1 month ago there was none offered by either sears or lhr. Their response was "no we do not, but it has come up..." That was all I got for an answer the first time I asked and the last 3 times i asked i got less than that for an answer. I asked in this thread due to lhr posting the initial response.
    Last edited by newcarver; 02-20-2008 at 06:18 PM. Reason: add

Well that doesn't sound like much help huh? I think I'll call them tomorrow and ask them the very same question. I've always gotten pretty straight forward answers to my questions and I'd be really interested in the answer to this one. I wil absolutely let you know what they tell me.

Chris
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

Default Sears

Newcarver,

I think that post #4 answered this very well, it is not an LHR issue. I just received my coverage documentation from Sears yesterday.
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Fine, it's great to have an actual response on the forum by LHR. What never seems to get answered is what happens when your machine goes bad under the Sears MPA. Do they pay LHR for the repairs or simply replace the machine?
    To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.
    Thomas A. Edison

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast