Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bending Corian

Default Bending Corian

Some time back I posted how to bend Corian. Has anyone done anything with it? I was playing around with it some more, and came up with this simple light box for it. It has the advantage of being easy to get the light spread more evenly across the picture. It also makes a nice shape that will look good hanging on a wall, something the thick box ones dont do well.
    A single 7 watt light bulb lights it up very well, too. Nice, simple, cheap, easy to light, and all the cuts can be done with only vectors on the Cw, meaning they cut pretty fast.
    What do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails light1.jpg   light2.jpg   light3.jpg  

I have some corian coming in this weekend....that is one of the first things I am going to try to make!
    Terry S
    Panama City, Fl
    Running 1.126

Default Cool Idea

I like the idea, think it pretty cool. But I missed out on your post about bending corian, do you still have the link soa that I can read it? Are you going to post how you made the light?

Andes

Default Bending Corian

Try this link: http://www.carvewright.com/forum/sho...=corian&page=2

I want to make a few changes to the pattern, then I'll see about uploading it here.
    I hung this one in my living room, and now my wife wants to know if I can make one to replace the light going up the stairs. Gotta admit, it'd look pretty good...

Thanks -- Reading, very interesting ;-}

Andes

Default wondering

Where do you find the corian sheets? I've asked around Home Depot and Lowes and they said they could'nt get it. Could you give me some ideas on where to find it?
    Firefighters trained to save your butt not kiss it!

Default Corian

Check with local shops that make countertops. You can sometimes get the sink cutouts from them. I think most of us on here get ours from ebay. It's not always offered, but keep checking back, and you'll find some..

Thumbs up

Wow those look really great. Two of my favorite things to do combined in one job Bending things and carving. Looks like I just might have to break down and get off my butt and get some of that magical corian.
    Keep up the good work
    Where is the "Any Key" key located on the keypad
    Growing old is a privilege not everyone gets to enjoy.

Default Lithopane Question

How do you know whether a lithopane will carve well or not?

Since there is no "plastic" or "corian" to choose from for the type of Stain/Finish under board settings, The only thing you can do is put it on wood, with or without grain. When I do this with a photo it ALWAYS looks like garbage. So how do you get a visual reference for how it will look?
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

Default bending corian

dougmsbbs,

That is a very nice application of your idea of bending corian.

I fully intended to do that, but have not done that yet.
    Thanks for posting the project.
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast