Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New To Forum,simple questions

DH ,
    nice design for the doors how long did each door take to cut and did you have tool changes or did you cut it all with one bit?

It took 3 1/2 hours per door at a depth of .25 the edge route I did myself, so just one bit 1/6 carving.
    Top Dog @
    The Dog House Custom Woodworking LLC
    www.doghouseww.com
    The "DH" is now in the Pattern Depot http://www.carvewright.com/store/pat...vendor=derr890

I-just-asked-(sorry-space-button-is-broke)-is-there-a-way-to-rough-out-with-a-1/4"-bit-and-then-go-back-and-finish-pass-details-so-it-takes-less-time-as-well-as-wear-and-tear-on-the-router?
    GaryV

Nope, the machine has no provision for a roughing pass. As it carves all the reliefs in raster mode I'm not sure there would be an advantage to it.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

So-if-you-are-cutting-with-a-.062tho-bit-at-a-depth-of.750-it-cuts-in-one-pass?
    -If-that-is-the-case-then-it-would-not-speed-up-the-cutting-time--
    Thanks
    Gary
    sorry-again-about-the-----'s-my-computer-in-the-garage-space-bar-quit--

Yes Gary, the 1/16th carving bit has a 3/4" length of cut, it makes one pass across the board and drives up and down depending on the pattern, once done it then moves the X axis (sandpaper belts) and makes it's next pass. It keeps doing this until the pattern is complete.
    Good Luck with your purchase.
    If it doesn't fit force it. If it breaks then it needed replacing anyway.

Have a Craftsman Carver and Running Ver. 1.150

Posting pictures tutorial http://www.malanoski.com/downloads/posting_pictures.pdf.

Default One Piece

Quote Originally Posted by The "DH" View Post
    Heres another example of doing something wider than 14 1/2 inchs, each board is 10 by 24 so with some patients and using the grid it can be done with two files. The example is still in the rough and will be used as dartboard cabinet doors when complete.. Happy Carving...

Ive had alot of luck with the Kreg jig if someone would have wished to join those two together for 1 sign. It does wonders on miter corners and joining together to hide seems. I use it since I dont have any of the other jointers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kreg.jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12