Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New To Forum,simple questions

Default New To Forum,simple questions

Hi All,
    I have just started looking into the Carvewright machine and it seems to do a lot more than I thought it would and have downloaded the demo software and seems fairly easy at first, I have a cnc mill for metal already and know that the software is only for use wih the Carvewright , but if I find a used carvewright do I have to pay for the software? Or is it registered to the machine and I get new registration codes when I buy a used mill..
    Also in the design page can you design a part larger than 14.5 inches then split them to cut in 2 diffent peices? I know it will cut as long of a part as I want but wondering about width..
    Ok thanks for the help and by looking around the board there are a lot of people who like this machine and willing to help with any information needed ..
    Thanks in advance ..
    GaryV..

Default Unanswered questions

Gary,

I would imagine that nobody is responding to you because we do not have the answer to the software question.
    Anyway, welcome. There are a great bunch of people here.

The second part of your question is easier, see http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4938
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Default Hi GaryV

And welcome. I am sure if you buy a used machine, you can just download the software from the site, call them with the name of the person that you bought it from and they will take the license back fron them and re-issue a new one to you. As long asa he signed a bill of sale that you can fax them, I think you be allright

Ed
    A person has to know their limitations, I know I have none..

Thanks For the fast response guy's..
    Gary

Also in the design page can you design a part larger than 14.5 inches then split them to cut in 2 diffent peices? I know it will cut as long of a part as I want but wondering about width..
    Yes - The trick is to use the same pattern in two separate files. One the first board. Turn on the Snap and Grid. Line up the vertical center to the edge of the board. Then snap the corners to grid intersections. On the second board do the same but rotate the pattern 180 degrees.
    Last edited by hotpop; 02-13-2008 at 08:27 PM.
    Mel

Patterns for sale at CW's Pattern Depot
    Check out "Yankee Pop's Shop" at
    http://www.carvewright.com/store/pat...nkeepop&page=1

Default also i don't

think you will have any warranty with a used machine.

Thanks for all the info,
    I dont know I will have to check and see about the warranty on a re-furbished machine. But I found a few on ebay for $1100.00 re-furbished from the company , But I will have to check the warranty, Good Point..
    Gary

I Just Double checked , and no warranty for re-furbs..
    Just gotta weigh the difference of $800.00 verses 200 hrs or 1 years warranty..
    Gary

gary --you can use the grid to place your patterns on .

Default Cuts larger than 14 1/2

Heres another example of doing something wider than 14 1/2 inchs, each board is 10 by 24 so with some patients and using the grid it can be done with two files. The example is still in the rough and will be used as dartboard cabinet doors when complete.. Happy Carving...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails front1.jpg  
    Top Dog @
    The Dog House Custom Woodworking LLC
    www.doghouseww.com
    The "DH" is now in the Pattern Depot http://www.carvewright.com/store/pat...vendor=derr890

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast