Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: a Protection Agreement / Yes or No

Default a Protection Agreement / Yes or No

I am ordering the machine, which I have been reading about for so long tonight. On sale til the 14th. Sears has the protecton plan for 3 or 5 years. Any opinion on if it is worth the 2 -3 hundred

If you use the seach link at the top of the page you will find this has been discussed several times. Basically some people have got it and been told it is good, others have heard the opposite. Nobody so far has had to use it to find out the truth.
    If it doesn't fit force it. If it breaks then it needed replacing anyway.

Have a Craftsman Carver and Running Ver. 1.150

Posting pictures tutorial http://www.malanoski.com/downloads/posting_pictures.pdf.

Smile I like it added security

Hello I got the 3 year plan from Sears, haven't used it yet but it is kind of nice to know that you have 3 years of use if anything should happen thy will fix it.
    And the 1 year check up and cleaning is nice also.

Default Don't Know If I Would Trust Them On The

check up and cleaning from what i have read they really don't even know what the machine is........ so be carefull.

Yes, if you're going to send every problem to them and wait for the turnaround. They have a 4 problem lemon rule, then you get a new machine.

I have one for peace of mind, but I've fixed all my problems myself so far so that I don't have as much downtime. I'm banking on going out of the 200 hour/1 year warranty and eventually having some major problem that pays for the cost of the MPA.
    To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.
    Thomas A. Edison

Default better quality

If i knew that better quality machines were comming out now i would purchase it for the replacement after 3 issues, had i had it from the start of my journey, i'd be on my fifth machine now(not kidding). But heck, they still leave screws out as this thread clearly shows

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...3875#post43875

I was told by sears for more $ they will have a service tech come to your house to repair, now if i could get them to come and verify it wasn't working and let me do the repairs i'd be on that in a heartbeat.
    Still using 1.120 & 1.126

7. Angry Just try and use the extended warranty

I purchased the three year plan. When I tried to use it, Sears referred me to the CarveWright support number (after being on the phone with them for about an hour and being transfered 11 times).The CarveWright tech said that they don't honor the Sears extended warranty. When I went back to Sears, they referred me back to the Carvewright number. I am still trying to get something resolved.

Thumbs down Sears

Sears (in my opinion) has been living off their name for over 30 years now. When I was a kid I worked as a service adviser in their auto department. Even then (now over 30 years ago), I was smart enough to leave because in all good conscience, I simply couldn't abide by the "policies" they insisted I enforce on the customers and their cars.

Sears isn't and hasn't been for a LONG time the "family oriented" company they used to be and built the name on.

Sorry but I'd bet you got duped and I wouldn't expect any positive results. I myself haven't bought anything from them since I left.
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

Default Hey Tony

Tony, seeings your the first to try and use it please keep us informed in your outcome.
    Thanks Barb
    Happi Carving
    Barb

10. Default

This is all my opinion. But the sears contractual agreement that you purchase is a legal binding agreement holding sears to every word of the agreement. Now dealing with different sears stores as i have in the past will provide different results because they are based on different management. Im sure that if you press the issue instead of getting the runaround it may get resolved and if not find the uppermanagement even if that means contacting headquarters and letting them know what you are dealing with at one of their stores.
    www.twinpeaksenterprisesllc.com

"Premium, Kiln Dried, Dimensioned to your request, Black Cherry, Black Walnut, Poplar, woods limited quanities"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast