Thread: Beta vs New Machine $500?????

Default Beta vs New Machine $500?????

I am having problem with my hand crank and broke 3 bits over the last year because my flexshaft dosen't like to spin. Is it worth upgrading from a beta machine. Will all my problems be solved for $500?

Mike N
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike N View Post
    I am having problem with my hand crank and broke 3 bits over the last year because my flexshaft dosen't like to spin. Is it worth upgrading from a beta machine. Will all my problems be solved for $500?

Mike N
    Well Mike, my new machine is head & shoulders over my old Beta. Think about having a new guarantee, vs, no parts available for your Beta. The copper bushings on my flex shaft wouldn't stay on for 1 carve anymore and the new motor wouldn't fit. I did & wouldn't give it back for anything.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Default thanks

Pkunk, thanks I think I'm going for it.

Can you put in a suggestion to put a "pause" function in the software from my other post. I'm sure you know the big guys at LHR.

Mike N
    Mike

Mike,

See my response to your other post.

Ken
    Ken Rugaber
    South Milwaukee, WI (winter)
    Munising, MI (summer)
    Using designer 1.164
    My Website
    http://www.ruggybear.com/

Need to catalog your MPC and PTN files? I recommend FilePick
    http://www.rsbriggs.com/fp/index.html

Mike
    It was my understanding that upgrade was a limited time special offer . good luck.
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

Does anyone know for sure. They did not give me a deadline a few months ago.

Mike
    Mike

The only 'for shure' is to call and ask with your CC in hand.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Woodman View Post
    Mike
    It was my understanding that upgrade was a limited time special offer . good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike N View Post
    Does anyone know for sure. They did not give me a deadline a few months ago.

Mike
    It is NOT a limited time offer. I spoke to one of the higher ups at LHR one time because I did not want to turn in my beta yet. They said they I could keep it as long as it worked but the first time it broke I would have to pay the $500 because parts would no longer be available. You will still be okay to trade it in.

Here is part of the email I received regarding this issue:

As for the posting on the forum about the BETA customers having a set time
    to trade in their machines; this is not true. You never have to upgrade if
    you do not want to but when you do the deal still stands. The only thing
    that we have relayed to customers is that at some point we are not going to
    be able to service the electronics because we have no way of getting new
    parts.
    Last edited by Aaron B; 02-05-2008 at 09:37 AM.

Mike
    My upgrded machine had to have the z-motor replaced not long after I got it. Thats been almost a year ago. Seems to be working pretty well since.
    If I remember correctly , they send you a referb unit. I did't look at how may hours was on mine when I got it , but I thing it was probably around twenty, but you do get a 1 year warrenty.
    later Daniel
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

Thumbs up

Mike, I would say go for it!!! My newer machine is running like night and day to my older one!!!! Even got a 5 hour carve out of it without a hicup...
    Best of Luck
    Top Dog @
    The Dog House Custom Woodworking LLC
    www.doghouseww.com
    The "DH" is now in the Pattern Depot http://www.carvewright.com/store/pat...vendor=derr890