Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bearings

Post Bearings

Are both flex shaft bearings in the Z truck NSK 6000 DU's? And is the top one pressed in from the top and the bottom one pressed in from the bottom?

No they are not both the same, the bottom bearing is larger. The spindle shaft gets pushed out from the top first. Then, you need to make a tool to tap the bearings out from the inside. Install new bearings, then press the spindle shaft in from the bottom. DO NOT use a hydraulic press for this, an arbor press would probably be overkill kill too. A 6" C-clamp would do the trick.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Post Bottom Z Truck Bearing?

What is the bottom bearing. The top is a NSK 6000 DU.

MWM A2020 Roller Bearing Adjustable Assembly $21.95 1 $21.95
    MWM A2021 Roller Bearing Fixed Assembly $21.95 1 $21.95

is tthis it?

Post Bearings

Are we talking same bearings? I was talking to LHR and they told me the top bearing was a NSK 6000 DU. I did not ask about bottom one, just assumed they were the same. Are these two of a different brand yet compatible?

Post Bearings

Sorry. After a little research I found that both bearing assemblys mentioned are for the Z truck itself. I am talking the bearings for the flex shaft inside the Z truck. The top one is a NSK 6000 DU and I am looking to find out what the bottom one is. Thanks.

Default Back Order

I still have 2 lower bearings on back order from LHR since before Christmas.

AL

Al
    You can probably get those bearing at an auto parts store, just cross reference them to the number. might be worth a try.
    Thats what I did for my plunge router. Thats was almost a year ago , still working fine.
    I think it was O'riely auto parts.
    later Daniel
    Last edited by Dan-Woodman; 02-04-2008 at 06:37 PM.
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

is it possible to restore the bearings, a guy was vacuum forming his flex-shaft to get the gunk in better and it works good. could this be done with the bearings or are they frozen-tight from heat?

are these the same bearings as a S/B Pr machine, I got a basket full of them, but were...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast