Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jesus cross and other patterns

1. Default

Thank you very much, for $1, i just went ahead and purchased it anyway. It imported just fine and I think i'm going to try carving it in the next few days. I finally got my new board sensor in after a month on back order so i'm pretty excited. My next idea is to take a cross and put the Boots, Rifle and Helmet on it for our fallen soldiers, but need to find the right cross that tickles my fancy. What program is it that you used to manipulate the cross to give it that rustic, bark type look?

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    Hi Michael,

The PTN version of the Cross is compatible with any version of the Designer software (Basic or Pro).

I have that posted at the CarveBuddy link (for $1), but it might be available in the free Pattern section of this forum. I made slight modifications to the original (enhanced the detail and did some sculpting here and there) but either one yields a nice Carve!

2. Default

I love it. I haven't tried litho yet, need to build a sled for it. What plastic works the best for it?

Quote Originally Posted by myshop1044 View Post
    I have seen many different styles and versions, I even made a litho for a lady.
    It worked out very well, the light centered on his face.

I use Candlestonegifts.com , they have 3 different colors and very reasonable and sizes too. there are others
    My Shop 1044

CarveWright START U Team Member

V - 1.187 and 3.0 too
    With the DC Insert," dust all gone"
    CarveWright Customer Documentation http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/maintenance.htm
    CarveWright Tips and Tricks http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/tips.htm
    www.customcarvingsbyperry.com
    I have often wondered why it is that
    Conservatives are called the "right" and Liberals are called the "left".
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of
    the fool to the left."

I use 1/4 inch white corian for larger ones, usually at least 6x6. Did a 10x20 of the last supper for our church which turned out great. Also use Candlestone for nite lites as they have custom cut ones along with matching nite lites. Depth of cut along with quality of image are what I find the most critical.
    Rick H

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234