Thread: probs uploading pattern PC SW V1.125

Default probs uploading pattern PC SW V1.125

I'm attaching a pattern; it's part of a birdhouse pattern I've been using for the past month or so with the V1.120 software. I upgraded to V1.124 recently, modified the pattern, and it wouldn't upload to the memory card; I got an error message
    An unknown error (7) occurred while compiling project. Please report this problem to LHR Technologies for a fix. Cannot continue, sorry. [OK]
    I upgraded to V1.125, got the same error message. I tried an unmodifed pattern, that I had successfully uploaded (and carved) with the V1.120 software, it didn't upload either. So I spent the last little bit seeing whether it was something in the software, my machine, the upgrade. I started deleting pieces of my pattern until it would upload, and got it down to the attached file. If I delete the oval, or the 'door knob', or some of the rectangles in the 'door', it will upload, but as it is, it won't.
    As I said, the full pattern did upload and carve successfully with V1.120, but now I get this error. I'm going to degrade myself down to V1.120 to finish this project, it's my last birdhouse, a little late for Christmas, but I'm sure the birds won't care.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi there,

There seems to be a problem with the bit selection on just the big oval. I was able to upload it to my card with every bit except the 1/8" 1/4" and 1/2" ballnose. For whatever reason it just doesn't like those 3 bits in this particular carving. I created the same oval in both new projects and some I have and had no problems with any bit. Strange one.

Anyway, here's the file back with the bit set to the 1/16" ballnose. Slightly different effect but it works. I'll investigate this further as my curiosity is up now.

Chris
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

Default I don't think it's the bit

I don't think it's the bit in the oval; if I delete other pieces without changing the oval, it will upload fine, which implies the oval itself isn't the problem.