Thread: Probe Ext Wire

Default Probe Ext Wire

I've look on a search and didn't find my answer, so here it goes.
    I bought a new probe and it came with another wire with it. There wasn't anything in the box or instrustions that mention the extra wire. One end has a phone plug and the other has a usb connections, I think.
    Can someone with more intell explain what the wire is for and how to use it?
    Thanks,
    John Hammett

Default Probe Ext Wire

That wire is for the new style Z Pack. The newer ones plug the probe into a fitting on the left side, instead of onto the Z pack. Keep it. If you ever need to get your Z pack worked on, they will probably install the new style...

Default Scanner plug in Connection

Probe extension cable,

On the pad side of the machine near the homing position,
    you will see a flat set of terminals about a third of the way down the inside of the machine
    Last edited by Kenm810; 12-07-2007 at 07:48 PM.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Wink Problem solved

Thanks, I was at a loss to where I was going to use the cable. As a matter of fact, my machine is at LHR now for repair. When it gets back it might have a new Z pack installed, who's to know.
    Thanks again for the intel. I read everything I could find and didn't have a clue to where the cable went. Once it the machine is back at home, I'll let you know how it scans. Looking forward to using it.
    John Hammett