Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Error: SRAM 3 10682666

Default Controler....

If they don't want the controller back I would love to take it apart and see what makes it tick... Let me know, I will pay shipping and a fair value. It's the tinkerer in me.....

Reminds me of the first tube radio I ever stripped apart. I had the metal radio with all the tubes sitting on a table outside the garage. Plugged it in and it played great, changed channels, picked it up and admired the glowing filaments. Unplugged it and removed and cleaned every tube. Plugged it back in and picked it up and got the shock of my life.... 115 Volts AC.... The metal case was grounded before I removed the tubes. When I put it back together I plugged the AC cord into the outlet 180 degrees from the first time. Now the hot lead of the outlet went to the case first then through all the resistors and filaments to the switch and back into the outlet. Years ago Radio plugs had a FAT prong and a normal prong. This ensured that the smaller one, or HOT one went to the switch first then all the radio parts then to the case and back into the outlet neutral.

A valuable lesson to learn at a early age. Radios in later years used a step down transformer or isolation transformer to protect the user.

If you look at the outlets in your house they still have a fat neutral and a smaller HOT or power slot.

Sorry about the side track....

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 12-19-2007 at 02:59 PM.

2. Default

I've got a machine with an SRAM problem - has anyone tried tearing into the controller and actually fixed it versus buying a $300 one from Carvewright?

Quote Originally Posted by carvingbyme View Post
    I've got a machine with an SRAM problem - has anyone tried tearing into the controller and actually fixed it versus buying a $300 one from Carvewright?
    No one that I know of.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Here is a peek inside... I once did board level repairs on PlayStation 2's at the Philly SONY Service Center in the early 2000's. I had all the equipment and parts and better eyesight... I would never attempt a repair today.... I DO have all the equipment including a hot air machine and the Mantis Magnifier.... but still no.... Well.... The 3 Servo Controllers on the side wall... I would do them..... Clip the leads on the parts and remove the pins one at a time... I have done a bunch of servo controllers over the years especially when I was making picture tubes in San Diego.

Here is a Black LCD Display that was the overheated and smoked controller due to the DUST inside. A spare controller had me back up and running in a short time. A eBay find in 2008.

You could try blowing the dust out of the controller and LOOK for any BENT PINS for the memory card.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC02623_WEB.jpg   DSC02624_WEB.jpg   DSC02628_WEB.jpg   DSC02642_WEB.jpg  

DSC02629_WEB.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 10-01-2018 at 05:13 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

5. Default

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

U30 & U31 are the SRAM chips (M68AF127BM70MC1T), however they run through the buffer drivers at U13, U14, and U5.

Please start new threads instead of resurrecting ones from 11 years ago.

Thank You #1
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12