Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Error: SRAM 3 10682666

Default Error: SRAM 3 10682666

Started up my machine after a week of non-use, and was presented with this error code immediately.

SRAM 3 10682666

Machine is then locked up, nothing works. Anyone have experience with this? Too late to call tech service tonight.

I guess my grandson's project won't get finished tonight as scheduled.

How warm is your shop? The machine is warm blooded, I think CW recommends a minimum temperature of 55 degrees F (might want to check the users guide to be sure). It would also be worth turning off the machine pulling out the memory card and receiving it. If that doesn't work try reformatting your card.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Default Condensation in the Computer

Condensation in the computer will FRY the Electronics.... Cold Shop, Damp Shop, Heat shop before use might not get all the moisture out.

AL

Default Shop temperature....

My shop is heated, maintained at 69 degrees. Humidity (it's winter here in Minnesota) is low, about 45%. So, I don't think the problem is condensation. Actually, in heated spaces, we worry more about low humidity that high humidity.

Sounds like your belief is that the electronics is fried. That is not good news.

Gene

ps: Oh, by the way, I already tried reformatting the card. No change. Also tried the unplug it, wait, and plug it routine. Also no change.

Will greatly appreciate any other ideas (besides calling tech service tomorrow, of course).
    Last edited by hwdesigns; 12-06-2007 at 09:18 PM. Reason: adding information

Gene where abouts in the land of 10,000 lakes are you? Is your shop heated full time? This may sound like a dumb question but I have found some wierd things do you have mice in your shop? Sometimes they get into the strangest places, I had one crawl into a box of farmer matches and eat all the sulfer really got lucky to there were a couple of matches that had burned. God was really watching over my shop that day, Just some thoughts

Default Shop heat

Oldjoe, yes, I leave the heat on in my shop. It is well insulated, and I've found in the distant past that allowing the temperature to drop can accelerate rust on cast iron surfaces, because the humidity levels increase as the temperature drops. So, when I rebuilt my shop last year, I insulated it very well and added a dedicated high-efficiency furnace.

This time of year, the mice are clearly looking for a warm place, and I keep bait out all the time, just in case. So far, no evidence of any mice, but sooner or later I'm sure I have one or two find a way in. Hopefully, they'll take the bait and that will be the end of them.

Location is the west side of the Twin Cities.

Gene

Default Response from Tech Service

I talked to Tech Service first thing this morning, and the diagnosis is that I have a bad controller card. They are sending one out to me immediately. Another example of good response from the company, as reported elsewhere on the forum.

I have also been getting the "speed-up" of the cut motor after CCM stops. Tech Service wondered if a failing controller card was the cause of that, and recommends that I replace the controller card and see if that fixes it. If it doesn't, then they will take other steps, but suggest that I can run the machine even at "full speed" without damage so long as my carves are not extremely long (several hours).

When the new controller card comes, I'll post the results in case anyone is interested.

Gene

Please do, thanks Gene.

Default New controller card arrives

The new controller card (actually it is a metal box) arrived today via UPS. The carton was crushed somewhat, but the metal box inside was very well padded, so I doubt very much that any damage was done.

It's very cold here, so I'm allowing it to warm up before I remove it from the packaging, so as not to condense water on it from the warm air.

In the meantime, I guess I'd better see if there are any instructions in the forum for replacing the card. There were no instructions sent whatsoever.

I should be able to figure it out (optimist that I am).

Gene

Smile Resolution: It is working well

Sorry for the delay in posting this update. I've been too busy carving.

Installation of the new controller box was a snap. Simply lay the machine over onto its front, and remove the bottom plate (a few screws). The controller is easily accessed, and simple to replace.

I then recalibrated, as directed by tech service. That took a few minutes, but the machine seemed to know what it was doing.

Then, I cut a 2-hour project without issue. The project is a replica of an antique picture frame that a very important client (my wife) wants. I have a shop full of tools, but I honestly don't know how I would do this without the CarveWright.

Net, I'm a happy carver again.
    Last edited by hwdesigns; 12-19-2007 at 08:40 AM. Reason: fixed mis-typing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast