Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The CarveWright Pattern Depot

Well, the last post is always the last one by date. Start at the end ans work backwards.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Richard
    When I get on the forum and view the posts, at the topleft corner is "view first unread"
    You can click on that and it will take you to the first one you have not read .
    I don't know if this will help, but it helps me daily to keep from rereading a lot that has been alredy read.
    later Daniel
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

Hi guys,

He was asking about the "Pattern Depot" - not the Forum.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Default Not Yet

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Richard View Post
    Is there a way to sort the Pattern Depot by "Add Date" so I can see what has been added most recently? Sifting through dozens of pages trying to notice the 1 or 2 new items is very tedious and not very successful.
    Hi Richard,

As of now you can't search the depot by date for patterns. However, They are still working on and improving the site. As a vendor, I emailed a suggestion to them for either that, or, a Newest additions page. I know they will get to it at some point but it does take time.

Like, (again as a vendor), we currently have no way to track any sales made or which patterns may be selling. I asked them about this several weeks ago and they've assured me it's in the works. Still nothing yet but I know it will happen as soon as possible as they are very responsive to our needs. Again, it takes time and I think patience is our best hope for right now.

Chris
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

5. Default Patterns

This is all well and good. However, I just bought a machine and set it up discovering it comes with nothing. It seems the $2,000 spent for the machine is only an entry fee. Now in order to carve anything, patterns must be bought individually at substantial cost.

Another $2,000 can be spent pretty quickly making this one heck of an expensive investment for someone not in a business situation. Your advertisements should tell folks that they must buy all patterns individually after purchasing the machine.

The question is now, do I keep it?

John

Default Not true

Quote Originally Posted by jhennessey View Post
    This is all well and good. However, I just bought a machine and set it up discovering it comes with nothing. It seems the $2,000 spent for the machine is only an entry fee. Now in order to carve anything, patterns must be bought individually at substantial cost.

Another $2,000 can be spent pretty quickly making this one heck of an expensive investment for someone not in a business situation. Your advertisements should tell folks that they must buy all patterns individually after purchasing the machine.

The question is now, do I keep it?

John
    John,

This is simply not true. The Designer software comes with 50 patterns to use right away. All of which can be carved with the bit's included. By combining, stretching, mirroring and placing textures and surfaces with these patterns you can create an almost ENDLESS variety of really cool carvings.

Take a closer look at the software and let your imagination do the rest.
    On the menu...View/toolbars/pattern list....on the tool bar just click the shell.

And oh, if you click my link below you'll find patterns by me (and other vendors) at VERY reasonable prices. You're probably not aware of how long it takes to develop a quality pattern but most of mine are $7.00 with each taking hours to design and test carve.
    Last edited by ChrisAlb; 02-24-2008 at 02:04 PM.
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

John, first welcome to the forum. Second, I think you need to do some more reading. This is a USER forum, CW will post on occasion, but generally everyone here is a user just like you.

Designer (the software) comes with many patterns included in the pattern library. You can also create your own patterns with various 'paint' style programs. There are several vendors who sell patterns of animals, etc at reasonable cost. This is in response to the demand of machine owners who would like to spend time carving and not creating patterns (but you can do both). There are also many free patterns available for download in the Pattern Sharing Depot thread here on the forum.

I would encourage you to take some time to learn about your machine and try a few projects.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

John,

Since others have pointed out the obvious, I'd just like to ask "what did you expect?" Regardless of what you purchase, few things are so complete, or even as complete as the CarveWright is, that you don't have to learn how to use it or even purchase additional items to increase it's value to you. But then, I also think there is a tad of tongue in cheek in your question as to whether you should keep it or not, n'est pas?

Bob

9. Default Pattern Library

Ah Jeff, thanks again for replying. I can't seem to find ANY patterns or a pattern library. Am I missing something here? I did buy about a dozen patterns so I could get started but you reference a pattern library that comes with many patterns. Is that on line? Or am I just refusing to see some obvious library icon?

I like the machine. It didn't take long at all to set up (about 15 minutes) and other than the registering glitch it went pretty smoothly until I started looking for patterns. Then it was off and shopping again!

Oh well, as you say I probably didn't read enough. I did just order the add-on bit set as well. Something I should have ordered along with the machine. You know how hard it is to wait for stuff when you have a new toy!!

Thanks

John

Quote Originally Posted by jhennessey View Post
    Ah Jeff, thanks again for replying. I can't seem to find ANY patterns or a pattern library. Am I missing something here? I did buy about a dozen patterns so I could get started but you reference a pattern library that comes with many patterns. Is that on line? Or am I just refusing to see some obvious library icon?

I like the machine. It didn't take long at all to set up (about 15 minutes) and other than the registering glitch it went pretty smoothly until I started looking for patterns. Then it was off and shopping again!

Oh well, as you say I probably didn't read enough. I did just order the add-on bit set as well. Something I should have ordered along with the machine. You know how hard it is to wait for stuff when you have a new toy!!

Thanks

John
    Hi John,

Welcome.

You can view your pattern library by clicking on the blue "shell" icon in the Designer software or by clicking View/Toolbars/Pattern List at the top Menu Bar in Designer. (The pattern list will appear at the right of your screen...click the "+" symbol to expand the list within any category).
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast