Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Activating centerline on 2nd computer

Default Activating centerline on 2nd computer

I am trying to get my centerline text activated on my laptop and when I get all of the info typed in and sent all I get is that my "license already exists" msg back from CW.

I have it already set up on my home computer and want to do the same on the laptop. I have the CW designer activated on the laptop.

I am sure that there are some experts that can tell me how....

Default activating centerline

You have to have seperate activation codes for each computer. CW should have given you one for each. You can have up to two computers with designer on them, and each has to have different codes for both the designer software and the centerline text.

Default Center line

Hey fwharris,
    Centerline is not shared between 2 computers like the CW Designer
    LHR only licenses a single copy of Centerline at a time, for each computer
    If you want to put it on another computer you have to buy another licensed excess code for each computer.
    Last edited by Kenm810; 11-25-2007 at 07:41 PM.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Default centerline text code

I didnt have to purchase a seperate one for my laptop, they gave me two, one for each activation code for designer. ??

Default 2nd computer

I did not get 2 codes when I got the activation email back from CW.
    I know you can have the designer of up to 2 computers but did not know that you needed seperate codes for each. I did write down the activation ID that poped up on the reg. screen...thanks for the info.. if I missed something let me know CNCguy
    I will give them a call on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenm810 View Post
    Hey fwharris,
    Centerline is not shared between 2 computers like the CW Designer
    LHR only licenses a single copy of Centerline at a time,
    If you want to put it on another computer you have to buy another licensed excess code for each computer.
    Kenm810, thanks for the info. I was afraid of that when It would not let me activate it. I think it kind of sucks that you have to buy it for both!!

Default activation code

Yeah when I purchased mine I didn't wait for them to e-mail, was sure how that worked, so once I got confirmation that they had received my order, I called them. The lady there gave me both activation codes, telling me which one coresponded with which CW license. They had to be put into the correct computer. Hope this helps you good luck

Quote Originally Posted by CNCguy View Post
    Yeah when I purchased mine I didn't wait for them to e-mail, was sure how that worked, so once I got confirmation that they had received my order, I called them. The lady there gave me both activation codes, telling me which one coresponded with which CW license. They had to be put into the correct computer. Hope this helps you good luck
    Was this just for the Designer software? or did that include centerline for both and did you have to buy a 2nd license?

Default 2nd Computer activation code

Follow this post and thread it will explain more

Centerline Text is HERE....
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Default only paid the one price

I only paid the $100.00, for the centerline text. I had activated and registered two computers when I first got my compucarve. You can have up to two computers on one liscense, though they each have their own activation codes. When I called for my centerline activation code, CW knew I had two computers registered, and gave me a seperate centerline activation code for each registered computer, at one price. Sorry if my earlier posts confused anyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast