View Poll Results: Would you like a parts list, prices, and parts store?

Voters
222. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gosh, seems like a good idea to me!

222 100.00%
  • I would probably not use it

0 0%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Parts list and availability in on-line store

Thanks Dan (PCW), looks like it's from the Head Assembly - Bottom (ASM5) part #82, the Head FFC Retainer
    If I've followed the instructions correctly, here is a photo of the piece. Notice there is a broken out section in the large end, the point of attachment. If that is the case, then it appears there are areas where 25-30 psi must be considered higher than "low pressure air".
    Sean
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails piece.jpg  
    Last edited by SeanMuir; 10-21-2009 at 07:08 PM.

That part goes behind the keyboard side cover. If you look behind the cover where the flat cable comes in toward the top there a recessed area. If you look you will find a screw where the plastic cracked.

Attachment 27543

Sean,

That is not the fault of the air pressure. Both of my machines came new with this part broke and I suspect it was done in shipping. Honestly I never changed them and they are fine.

I took my covers off the machine the day they arrived because I had to see how they where put together (bad habit) and they where laying on the bottom broke on both machines.
    Last edited by PCW; 10-21-2009 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanMuir View Post
    Thanks Dan (PCW), looks like it's from the Head Assembly - Bottom (ASM5) part #82, the Head FFC Retainer
    If I've followed the instructions correctly, here is a photo of the piece. Notice there is a broken out section in the large end, the point of attachment. If that is the case, then it appears there are areas where 25-30 psi must be considered higher than "low pressure air".
    Sean

Good lord, I just found the same broken piece in my machine today and it is only a week old. I see you can get it from Sears for $2.99. Should I replace it and how much taking apart of the machine would it take?

If you buy parts from Sears use coupon "9055" for 10% off. Not sure how long it is good.
    Last edited by Shacky; 10-21-2009 at 09:13 PM.

What I plan on doing is on my next parts order I will add it to the list.

First thing to do is unplug the machine and remove the screw that holds the plastic cover to the keyboard cover on the inside of the machine. It holds the two flat cable in place. Look to the left of the sandpaper belts on the inside of the cover and you will see the black cover holding the two flat cables.. Unplug the flat keyboard cable.

The LED side cover is held in place by two bolts on top and two screws toward the bottom. When you remove the two bolts on top watch for shims under the cover where the bolts are. They go under the cover at the top.

Remove cover replace the screw and new part.

Not to bad a job. Once you do it a few times it's a 5 min. job.

Hi Doug,

The original post in this tread is sort of outdated since it started almost two years ago.

LHR made this announcement on 7/09 and hopefully will become a reality soon.

This post has been deleted from the announcements sections which I find strange. It was posted by The Carvewright Customer Service Manager. Quote >

Finally, we will be making more parts readily available to customers through the on-line store. Many of you are able to diagnosis and repair your machines without our technical support and many are unable to communicate with us during our scheduled support hours. By adding these additional parts to the on-line store, we hope to expedite repairs or maintenance on your machines. Generally, parts ordered on-line are shipped out the following business day.

We, as you, have experienced the consequences of the current economic downturn and are trying to do more with less. In a strong growth economy, these situations are called growing pains. We are treating the current situation as a maturing process. We continue working at providing the highest quality of customer service and appreciate your patience and feedback.

7. Default

To Djason: Most e-commerce rent their web hosting service. For $8 a month I have unlimited bandwitdh and unlimited disk space at hostpapa.ca. Adding a ssl certificate cost me another $35 for a year. I did not need an IT to setup the online store, just a week of playing around with the software. My 8 year old nece wuld have done it faster
    May you be well, may you find happiness! : - )
    "Exaggerated self-importance is deemed an individual fault, but a racial virtue." From Kelly Millar

Quote Originally Posted by dsajon View Post
    I realize their are less expensive alternatives available however, we are not talking about a Mom and Pop shop turning out a hundred or so orders a month. The systems put in place to support this will require the integration of their manufacturing facility to their shipping and receiving and peripheral systems to monitor/manage Quality Control, Accounting, Forcasting ect... We are talking about an MRP or ERP system that can help manage alot of people, machines and raw resources to handle hundreds of orders a day. These software packages alone start at $20,000 to $25,000.

From what I gather on the forum, LHR does a good job keeping the current pace with tech calls, however, they did recently start charging a $25 per service call fee. I can only assume that this was established to get some of us to think before we call. Because, if I use my own experience with the CC, I had tech issues that led to a machine replacement and it still isn't right. multiply my concerns times the number of unit sold and replaced...the system has got to be under stress. I want LHR to succed because I have a vested interest in their product. I just want us to think about what we are asking, thats all.

MRP...Management Requirement Planning
    ERP...Enterprise Resource Planning

Thanks
    Keep in mind they ALREADY have a store site up with a shopping cart. So most of the capability is already there. Sure there are some internal issues and processes that would need to be worked out. And lets not fool ourselve in to thinking if they put the parts list up over night there sales are going to quadruple and they wont be able to keep up with demand. They are in a niche market. They have a small but loyal customer base. Their sales will increase a little becuase some people will order 'extra' part.. and we wont have to fight with the phone system trying to get through.

Doug Fletcher

Exclamation Get r done

I read this thread several times and actually voted Yes on your poll however, after waying out the pros and cons, I cannot support this request. I will try to change my vote, but if I can't, please subtract one from yes and add to the no's.
    Ok.. if you say so..

LHR, lets get the E part store finished. I just ordered bearings and the like online though Sears 100.00 $$$ bucks worth.

LG
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 10-22-2009 at 10:57 AM.

Thanks Dan, and the rest.
    It looks like the hardest part may be getting the part, and even that shouldn't be too difficult.
    Sorry about re-opening this CW/CC "e-store" can of worms debate, but the end result was, at least for me, the forum members did help me find out: what the part was, where to get a replacement and how to replace it (if I choose to ).
    Thanks for all the help,
    Sean

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast