View Poll Results: Would you like a parts list, prices, and parts store?

Voters
222. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gosh, seems like a good idea to me!

222 100.00%
  • I would probably not use it

0 0%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Parts list and availability in on-line store

Question Parts list and availability in on-line store

I am curious how many CC & CW owners would like to have a parts list, and/or exploded view of the machine (not like Ken's exploded view!!) and have the ability to order parts on-line through the "store".

As many of us "yearlings" pass into that uncharted "out-of-warranty" territory, it would be very handy (and proactive on LHR's part) to be able to use the on-line store for the replacement parts we know we need. This could possibly lessen the time spent on the busy LHR phone system as well.

This is my two-bits worth. What do you think???
    ver 1.162
    -If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it is jammed, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
    -If it moves and it shouldn't, duct tape it. If it doesn't move and it should, Boeshield T-9

They may would rather to hear us have heart attacks and hit the floor when we hear them tell us the price and we start thinking we would be cheaper too purchase a new machine
    "Our principles are the springs of our actions. Our actions, the springs of our happiness or misery. Too much care, therefore, cannot be taken in forming our principles." Red Skelton

I have 1.132 and previous versions back to 1.19 on standby

Please support Cystic Fibrosis

Default Parts list and Store

I would really look forward to a part list and to have a Parts Department in the on line store at CW for parts and add on’s.
    I’m sure you know my Exploded View was born of frustration,
    as I dearly love tinkering with my carving machine, and try all kinds of modification on it,
    But always in fear of possibly voiding the warranty.
    Now that it’s about to expire, and I will be reasonable for the cost of parts, plus shipping to and from Texas.
    I would like to have the choice of at least trying to replace a few of the worn or broken parts.
    I also feel a standardized parts list would go a long way towards everyone using the proper
    names and numbers for each part that make up the CW and CC machines. --- Just my thoughts
    Last edited by Kenm810; 11-18-2007 at 01:19 PM.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Talking Here, Here, Ken

As a number two machine owner, I agree with Ken. A parts list with names and prices would make repairs and understanding how the machine works, would be a big step in the right direction for more users. Like any new tool, the learning the in's and out's is a must. By knowing what is expected and what part should do what, a new opertator/owner, can and will be alot happier. So, a parts list is on the top of my list to get once it's online.
    Thanks,
    John Hammett

FWIW folks, the moderators have also brought up the issue of an exploded view diagram with CW. Hopefully, they will get one out to all of us.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Smile

I appreciate the fact that the moderators have asked for this... and now the commoners are asking... PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ver 1.162
    -If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it is jammed, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
    -If it moves and it shouldn't, duct tape it. If it doesn't move and it should, Boeshield T-9

I guess this means everybody got tired of asking for a manual and are now willing to settle for a bit less.

I still want the manual, after I get the parts list.

T

Gosh 100% voted yes, but only 18 have voted? Where is everybody??? Not only would I like to have a parts breakdown with prices, I would like to have a maintenence manual as well. Especially if it showed me preventative procedures. Also a list of items most likey to break and have on hand as well. If there was a way I could assist in getting this done, I would do that as well. In the meantime, I am sure there are more than 18 people who get on this forum - please vote.

Would be nice indeed to have the diagram....My claim is , it would be nice also if they would ship to Canada

Default Parts List

A parts list is an essential document to any mechanical device!
    LHR/Carvewright is a growing company with many modifications coming along for the machine and they have their reasons for not posting an exploded view...BUT, in the age of the internet it would not be difficult to keep an updated list of available parts accessible on the company web site.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast