View Poll Results: Would you like a parts list, prices, and parts store?

Voters
222. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gosh, seems like a good idea to me!

222 100.00%
  • I would probably not use it

0 0%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Parts list and availability in on-line store

Thumbs up sears parts list

rec parts from sears parts list was filled by Lhr tech. about 10 days getting them

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fletcher View Post
    How about an online exploded view of the machine with direct links to the part store. That way you look and say "yeah, that thingy", then click it and be redirected to buy it.
    ...........I second that suggestion...........

Quote Originally Posted by Fletcher View Post
    How about an online exploded view of the machine with direct links to the part store. That way you look and say "yeah, that thingy", then click it and be redirected to buy it.

With how advanced the software for this little machine is, I am very surprised that LHR has not implemented this already.

Count my vote as a "yes".
    Gosh, what a great idea!!!

It has been almost two years since this thread was started, I hear some comments from LHR regarding supposed progress.... but still nothing. I am a little more than dissappointed with thier progress on this, and yes, I do realize the inventory procedures, and man hours needed to be put into this, but once it gets up and running, the payback should be more than worth the effort.....
    ver 1.162
    -If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it is jammed, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
    -If it moves and it shouldn't, duct tape it. If it doesn't move and it should, Boeshield T-9

Quote Originally Posted by dbfletcher View Post
    That is pretty good. I ordered some regular tool items for sears. The very next day I got an email that my items has shipped with a ups tracking number. BUT... it then took 5 days before the ups site ever said anything other than "billing information recieved". Now UPS shows my order should be delieverd today so that is a 10 day turn around directly from sears even though sears claimed my order was shipped the next day. Go figure.

Thanks,

Doug Fletcher
    I just got an email from Sears that the part has shipped
    If it doesn't fit force it. If it breaks then it needed replacing anyway.

Have a Craftsman Carver and Running Ver. 1.150

Posting pictures tutorial http://www.malanoski.com/downloads/posting_pictures.pdf.

SWEET I recived the same email thats ok..

I received my parts yesterday all good but I was under the impression when a idem on the schematics states x2 you should get two parts for the one price listed.

LG

has any one look at the prices from sear and LHR to see if they are about the same I need to order some parts and was just checking on price is Sears any cheaper I do like the fact I can order online and get the parts I need but its all about the price and the phone call to LHR takes about the same time

Default Keep on trucking.

Sorry that you having some problems with the removal of the truck. when you get the wrong part or make a mistake on your quantity it can suck I know.

I think the Sears parts online is a good option for parts if your a E guy like me " I hate the phone" once LHR shipping works out the small X2 issue.

The z truck:
    it can be tricky at first, now if i need to remove the truck I can do it in about 5 mins. I never had to drill the screws alway was able to jam the screw off.

my thinking that one can replace just the "one screw" and removal of all 4 is not needed anyway, free the good bearing screw on the right side then turn the bearing cams two each to open the truck, the truck will come off with all the bearings on once turned correctly.

Also if you like you can just "tilt" the bad side of the truck 30% reach around to replace the screws without a complete removal 2.

Manual nomenclature: the manual says "IF" not "DO" no biggie get the screw and make sure you use blue lock tight when replacing..

I think the hardware store is the way to go on this one as ordering two screws from Texas is not very Eco friendly ..

don't give up!

LG
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 11-09-2009 at 01:04 PM.

8. Default

about the permanent locking of the bearing screws on the Z-truck, do you guys realise that the reason they put permanent threadlocker there is because of the vibrations generated by the unbalanced QC? If you switched to the Rock chuck, you may not need threadlocker at all. Someone should try and check during and after every carve to see if those screws tend to come loose if they are not threadlocked and using a Rock.
    May you be well, may you find happiness! : - )
    "Exaggerated self-importance is deemed an individual fault, but a racial virtue." From Kelly Millar

I have the rock and I do not use any threadlock at all. I got over 400 hr of run time on the rock and don't see where I need any.

Wilbur

Quote Originally Posted by Pratyeka View Post
    about the permanent locking of the bearing screws on the Z-truck, do you guys realise that the reason they put permanent threadlocker there is because of the vibrations generated by the unbalanced QC? If you switched to the Rock chuck, you may not need threadlocker at all. Someone should try and check during and after every carve to see if those screws tend to come loose if they are not threadlocked and using a Rock.
    Still gets some by design, with the Rock I only need to use blue but I use good coat of 204 and a heat gun.

I have the rock and I do not use any threadlock at all. I got over 400 hr of run time on the rock and don't see where I need any.
    Hi Wilbur,
    I was talking about the Z truck bearings in that you need to add locktight to them or the bearing cam will loosen.

LG
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 11-09-2009 at 03:23 PM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast