Thread: Sliding Plate!

Default Sliding Plate!

Hey,

What would cause the sliding plate to move on it's own. I was carving a project which carved fine. when it went to cut the carving out the machine whent through finding serfice it asked to reset sliding plate. When I looked it was at the other end of the machine. I know I slid it against the wood in the beginning, cause I always check if the board will slide easy before I lower the top of the machine.

Thanks, Mike

did you try it twice or just once?
    If You Saw What We Sawed!!

North Bay Woodworking

If you don't want to make waves......get off of the boat!

Default Guide plate not locking

try pulling it against the wood, and then sliding it away from it without pressing the release lever. If it does move perhaps it is jamed up with sawdust packed in the mechanism. If it doesnt move without pressing the lever, then maybe it stuck the last time you used it in the released position. Either way, i would blow it out with air....clean it up good, then press and release it several times to make sure it feels like it is working freely... Should be fine after that.

A clean machine is a Happy Machine!

Ron
    To order the "Made in USA" Rock Chuck, and other custom tools and accessories I make for your CarveWright, see my website by clicking here -> http://www.cw-parts.com
    See a quick video of the new Rock Chuck in action here!
    Read up on QC Removal for stubborn chucks here
    See the Rock install video here
    You can also visit here for discussion content.
    Email me by clicking here