Page 95 of 97 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 LastLast

Thread: Let's Do Some Plaques and Signs

I made a sign using the logo of a local craft brewery--I like the beer and the logo and wanted to see how it'd carve. I sent 'em this picture. "Can't wait to see it in person!", so I took it over to them. They ordered 30 to put up in retail establishments!

Twenty have been delivered and the CW is humming as I type this working on the rest. They're just 1/2" MDF, oil paint and shellac.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0072.JPG  
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

George
    Life is short....drink the good wine first!

A ready Market for your Carved Signs --- Good thinking! -- Good Job!
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

3. Default

What a great way to drum up business! Good Job!

That's cool! Would you mind telling what you got for them? Some people have seen some of my signs and have asked about them and I'm not sure what I should charge. I know that it has been suggested that $35 per bd ft unfinished and $65 finished has been suggested but it would be nice to know what people are actually paying.

Thanks!
    Jim
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

Nice Job .Bottoms Up ! Capt Barry

Quote Originally Posted by jaroot View Post
    That's cool! Would you mind telling what you got for them? Some people have seen some of my signs and have asked about them and I'm not sure what I should charge. I know that it has been suggested that $35 per bd ft unfinished and $65 finished has been suggested but it would be nice to know what people are actually paying.

Thanks!
    Jim
    Your numbers are about right for retail, but it's really going to depend on your market. I'm not running a business and did this for the nice young couple who are running the brewery and charged way less than I should have. I'm just hoping to see them succeed and seeing the signs I made hanging in a local restaurant would be fun! Plus I get free beer when I deliver signs! (And they all have my name on the back--any interest generated down the road would get a higher price...)

I really thought that I might end up carving one for next to the brewery's front door (they have no signage currently), I didn't expect the volume response, but I'm not complaining. When I bought the CW I alluded to my wife that it might eventually pay for itself....here's a start!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

George
    Life is short....drink the good wine first!

Thanks for the reply! Sounds like a real fun project. It is always nice to see things that you've made being apprecieated.
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

Default A couple of plaques I'm finishing

Nicely done Gwhiz. Nothing like being able to generate your own work.

I've been deployed for a couple of weeks on FEMA disaster recovery duty over in TN. In my few off hours each week I've entertained myself finishing gilding and silver additions on a few signs I brought along.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	San Antonio 4.JPG 
Views:	123 
Size:	261.7 KB 
ID:	44966 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	APA Terry Personal 2.JPG 
Views:	164 
Size:	356.3 KB 
ID:	44967 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	APA Terry Personal 3.jpg.JPG 
Views:	134 
Size:	345.9 KB 
ID:	44968

Note to self - don't try to take photos of gold & silver leaf out in the bright sun. Washes out the true metallic colors. All the gold is the same shade as on the San Antonio plaque and the Helmet is silver.

It keeps me off the streets at night and helps me forget what I've been seeing all day out among the disaster debris of people's houses.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Bonney Lake, Washington, United States, 113160055365328, Bonney Lake, Washington

Beautiful Plaques! I tip my hat to you Captain Bruce.
    Tom Watson
    Two CW's and D.C.-Top Mount Insert @ Ringneckblues.com Get the dust out!!
    50" X 48" PDJ Pilot Pro CNC http://www.pdjinc.com

Check out my Facebook page for current carvings at http://www.facebook.com/signsinwood

Watsons Wooden Words http://www.signsinwood.com & Messages in Wood http://www.messagesinwood.com/

Great looking signs Capt. Love the second one.What a carvoholics suit case looks like or what he takes with him probably looks strange to others.

Ver 1.179
    HP-Nvidia HD Video Card
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    Scanning with Carvewight Probe and Next Engine 3d Laser Scanner HD
    If you have any scanning needs let us know.Check Out Our Patterns in the depot under eromran

If you allow it to happen, you can let today erase all of yesterday or if you choose,you can let yesterday erase the rest of your life.
    Ed

Page 95 of 97 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 LastLast