Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Do Some Plaques and Signs

Hello Dirtydan,

The Schmaltz sign...did the CW cut out the shape and route the decorative edge as well...or did you do that with other tools?
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Thumbs up Great Work...

gtj44,

Those are real nice. I've had a "Cobra" project laid out for months, but just haven't gotten around to carving it... Maybe tomorrow...

Again, nice work....
    Dirtydan
    A.K.A. The Gunny
    Every day I thank God for Mister Levi Strauss
    mailto:gunny@thegunnys.us
    http://www.thegunnys.us

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    Hello Dirtydan,

The Schmaltz sign...did the CW cut out the shape and route the decorative edge as well...or did you do that with other tools?
    The CW did it all... I stained the wood first with an Ebony stain, and after cleaning up the carving, added the Pine stain to everything... Wiped it all off right away, let dry and then 4 clear coats...
    Dirtydan
    A.K.A. The Gunny

4. Default

Thanks Dan. You should see the knee high pile of rejects I had before getting anything that looked good at all.

5. Default

gtj44,
    I hope you don't mind, but I was so taken with your barrel signs that I had to try one (or two). I have several friends that are into wine and these will make nice gifts. Rather than trying to find the strapping and nails I chose to carve them instead. I hope you like my version of your sign.

Terry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wine1.jpg   wine2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydan View Post
    Rogone,

First you have to have a continuous pattern for the outside edge of your project. Right Click on that pattern and select Outline Path. Now click on the Cut-path option. After the path is outlined, click on Flip Cut and then Hide Cut-out and then Accept...
    See Attached... I have to split the pictures up... There are 7 all together.
    Maybe the sign is different in real life than it looks. When I look at the sign it appears that the "Schmaltz's" text is higher than the background. The edge of the sign and the design above the text also appear to be higher. If this is correct then the remainder of the sign (what I called the background) would have to be cut away to leave the text, design, and edge. I was trying to figure out how to remove the background on a project leaving the design, text, or whatever raised above the rest. Hopefully this is a clearer explanation of what I was asking. Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by rogone View Post
    Maybe the sign is different in real life than it looks. When I look at the sign it appears that the "Schmaltz's" text is higher than the background. The edge of the sign and the design above the text also appear to be higher. If this is correct then the remainder of the sign (what I called the background) would have to be cut away to leave the text, design, and edge. I was trying to figure out how to remove the background on a project leaving the design, text, or whatever raised above the rest. Hopefully this is a clearer explanation of what I was asking. Thanks for your help.
    Ok, here is one that you can play with. The Lettering is raised, and the pattern is sunken. Save it first and then disassemble it into each element...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Dirtydan
    A.K.A. The Gunny

Thanks Dirtydan, I'll try playing around with.

TerryT, I'll have to send my barrel signs over to you, your painting is skills are excellent! If you need some strapping, let me know, I have access to plenty. I'd gladly send you some.
    I'm doing another version that is vertical with a wooden barrel spigot. On either side of the spigot is open/closed. Turn the spigot handle to open or closed to indicate the bar is open or closed.

DirtyDan, the Cobra and GT signs were made for a coworker that's a big Ford fan.

They were fun to create, finding the right text and creating the graphics made it a challenge.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spigot Sign.jpg  
    Go ahead, make my Day!

Default Still workin

Here are two of mine that Im working on.. I still need alot of practice but hey I dont think they are bad for a rookie.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_3219t2.JPG   100_3227T2.JPG  

Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast