Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Full-Size Christmas Wreath (17" dia)

Default Pricing

The going price for a wreath made and painted is high. The first one, (time, boards, paint and learning) would cost more than anyone would want to pay. Like any new product the first one is better on the owners wall than on selling it. I told a few people that I could make them one for 200 and they didn't fall on the floor. What make it worth the money, I can put their name on a part of it. What I had planned on doing is putting a third layer on the back with Santa and their name. But everyone is right, painting the wreath takes about eight hours to do. I used three different green colors and six coats of outdoor ploy. It will last for a very long time.
    Thanks for all the flowers and Merry Christmas to everyone.
    John Hammett

I finally made the time to make my wreath. It's made of ash, stained green & red with fabric dye, exterior poly as a finish. Start to finished, about 10 hours, as I used only 'normal' uploading to the card. De-fuzzing wasn't bad in the ash at all.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS, ALL !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN6759sm.jpg   AshWreathsm.jpg  
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Default Christmas Wreath

Hey Pkunk,

Nice job on a fun project
    The Wreath I'm sure will last for generations
    And will be destine to become a favored hand me down.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Quote Originally Posted by pkunk View Post
    I finally made the time to make my wreath. It's made of ash, stained green & red with fabric dye, exterior poly as a finish. Start to finished, about 10 hours, as I used only 'normal' uploading to the card. De-fuzzing wasn't bad in the ash at all.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS, ALL !
    WOW! That is really great. I love the stain/fabric dye! I'm definitely gonna have to try that.

What brand fabric dye was it (RIT)? Is there any special 'trick' to applying it to wood?

Fantastic work, as always!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    WOW! That is really great. I love the stain/fabric dye! I'm definitely gonna have to try that.

What brand fabric dye was it (RIT)? Is there any special 'trick' to applying it to wood?

Fantastic work, as always!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    Ya Michael, it was Rit. Mixed a little on the rich side to get a bold color! Just brushed it on, let it dry before doing the berries. I did use airbrush paint on them. Fun project!
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Red face make/carve profile templates

Do you know how to make/carve profile templates for molding? I am new to this machine but know it can be done!!!
    Thanks for any help/link or whatever you can do for me! Going to be a blast!!
    marinan

Default do a search for

free gradient tool software that i posted. do it in linear and it will make the pattern for ya.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910