Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hanger Bolt Covers

Default Hanger Bolt Covers

Anyone know of a good sight where I can shop for covers or screw on ends for hanger bolts.

I have just about finished that large frame 4x8 and I was gonna use hanger bolts to attach it to the wall, Im looking for a nice decorative cover since it will go straight through the frame and I would like to put a cover on the hanger bolt that will flush with the front of the frame. Basically Im looking for a western theme cover but at this point Ill go with any kind of cover.

I would imagine Ill need one that can screw on the end to secure the frame to the bolt just didnt want to use a standard nut.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bolt.jpg  

Hello Badger,

Can't offer advice about the bolts - sorry. But am interested in the project you mentioned in passing (..."that large frame 4x8").

Do you have a post that has a picture of the frame you referred to ? I sure would like to see it!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Talking How about a cap nut?

Or sometimes called acorn nuts. They come in silver as well as brass and should do the job nicely and look good as well. Any good hardware usually carries then in several sizes and colors.

Here's a site to show you what they look like....only for clarification not a recomendation to buy from them. If you do want to buy online just Google "Acorn nut" and there's a ton of sites...
    http://www.jamestowndistributors.com...%29&match_type=

Good luck
    Last edited by jonweis; 10-25-2007 at 02:28 PM. Reason: added url for visulization only!
    JON,

I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.

You can try "Rockler" or "Woodcrafters" two very good places to check out

any big box home improvement center would handle them.
    If You Saw What We Sawed!!

North Bay Woodworking

If you don't want to make waves......get off of the boat!

Another thought would be to carve a recess into an accent wood and then epoxy a hex nut in it.

cpoole Guest

What size bolts are you using? Why I ask is you may want to think about a cabinet door pull also what about carving or turning an accent piece and using http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=363 in the back of the accent piece

Default Western Trim

Hi Badger,

I was thinking along the same lines as cpoole, and the wood cabinet pull or drilling and rethreading some western style metal ones.
    If you plan to make your own, here’s some ¼”-20 taped SOUTHWESTERN STYLE LAMP FINIALS you could use for ideas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Western pulls.jpg   Western pulls 1.jpg   Western pulls2.jpg   Western Lamp finials.jpg  

Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

cpoole Guest

Actually I was thinking simple more like http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=16477

Quote Originally Posted by cpoole View Post
    What size bolts are you using? Why I ask is you may want to think about a cabinet door pull also what about carving or turning an accent piece and using http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=363 in the back of the accent piece
    Havent decided the size yet on the hanger bolts, will probably use at least 4, in each of the corner areas, but I like the ideas of the ones ken was showing, was actually looking to find something that might fit a bit more flush with the frame though.

Ill take a pic of it when I have it up and finished on the wall. I guess I could recess the area to put an actual nut on then find something to push or snap onto the end of the bolt. Frame, backboard and plexiglass should weigh in the area of 75-100 lbs so I figured the hanger bolts was the best way to go to keep it on the wall.

Im thinking since its a Sheriff theme that the concho stars will probably be the best route.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast