Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone else this frustrated?

Default Is anyone else this frustrated?

We are just curious as to whether anyone else is as frustrated as we are. We have had our machine a short time and it has less than 20 hours of carving time. We have already sent it back once at our expense- CarveWright would have taken too long to arrange pickup. As soon as we got it back it developed another problem. CarveWright sent a new sensor. We installed that and another error occurred.

Yikes! Another part is on the way and we have to pay for overnight delivery. Most everyone is very nice but we have spent more time repairing that machine than we have using it. We love the product when it works.

Anyone else having this kind of trouble.

it's these types of posts that have me worried...i live in AK, so if i have to pay for shipping, it's going to add up fast, as the price to send stuff this heavy isnt cheap

seems like i've read alot of posts of ppl having to send thier machine back, due to something breaking.

it's got me wondering about picking a compucarve up (should be in the store tommorrow) , i'd hate to drop 2k and find out i have to send it off for repairs all the time

To start with, CW pays for shipping. They'll send you a label if it needs to go back. You want overnight-you pay. You're choice, but not one to complain about. Mostly it can be fixed by you at home with their help and parts.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

First of all, if it's under warranty you don't pay a dime for ANYTHING ! If they want the machine sent back to work on it, they pay for the shipping. If they send you parts they don't charge you for shipping either. Sounds like YOU wanted it over nite thats why they charged you. I have had many parts sent to me and recieved them within 3-4 days from the date they were ordered.

LHR has fantastic people working for them and do an excellent job getting you up and running asap. They know there is problem areas with the machine and are doing a great job in resolving them. Just can't expect them to pay for overnite shipping on items sent to you........They have a fast turn around time the way it is now.

Happy Carving

LoneStar, I can understand your frustration. As others have stated (I think everyone is just being factual and not trying to pick on you), CW return and replacement policy is as good as or better than most others. I have been in service business most of my adult life and I have to say that I have been impressed with how fast CW has been able to ramp up support as the product has taken off. While having problems stinks, having a company that will stand behind their product is invaluable. I'm sure that CW will take care of what ever the problem is.

It sounds a bit like your using your machine commercially, as others are. This is a bit of a tricky area, as the machine was not designed and marketed as such. Other folks have invested in two machines which is still a bargain considering the hardware/software costs for the next step up to a small commercial machine will easily run $20,000 for the same functionality.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Default reply about postage and warranty

Not meaning to sound upset, but guess ya'll missed the part where we mentioned how nice the people at CW have been. Nice or not, our machine has been down the majority of time we have owned it. We thought we would find out if others were experiencing the same or had in the past.

So many of you seem to be having a great time with your machines, we could not help but wonder.

Yes we paid for the shipping willingly. We did not complain when CW wanted three days to have our machine picked up by UPS. We paid instead. As we stated, we have loved the machine for the 20 hours it has worked since we bought it.

Sorry if we ruffled ya'lls feathers.

the employees at CW are great. just keep in mind that the company is still growing and every machine or software is going to have bugs that need worked out. the employees are working hard to make sure that all of their customers are happy. it takes alot for a small, growing company to keep all of their customers happy. when i talked to them recently, i found that they currently have a small staff and are trying to get more people hired on to expand the company to keep up with the growing demand. so cut them a little slack. their doing their job to keep you happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Birt View Post
    LoneStar, I can understand your frustration. As others have stated (I think everyone is just being factual and not trying to pick on you), CW return and replacement policy is as good as or better than most others. I have been in service business most of my adult life and I have to say that I have been impressed with how fast CW has been able to ramp up support as the product has taken off. While having problems stinks, having a company that will stand behind their product is invaluable. I'm sure that CW will take care of what ever the problem is.

It sounds a bit like your using your machine commercially, as others are. This is a bit of a tricky area, as the machine was not designed and marketed as such. Other folks have invested in two machines which is still a bargain considering the hardware/software costs for the next step up to a small commercial machine will easily run $20,000 for the same functionality.
    Jeff
    Thank you for your message. We have no complaints about the CW service. One of us has a full time job (M-F) so most of our work is done in the eveing and on weekends. When the machine is down during that time we lose any opportunity to work with it. We have chosen to pay for shipping so that we can actually use the machine. We would love to make just one carving a day and still hope to accomplish that.

We agree that the price of the machine makes it a bargain. We were amazed to make such a find and were so excited to add this to our shop. We do all kinds of work, some we sell, some we gift, some we donate and some we keep for ourselves. Being relatively new to the machine and the forum, we did not realize the feelings our post would stir up. We will certainly be more careful in the future and perhaps one day can be the strong supporters that so many others seem to be.

Thank you again for the reply.

Feel free to post lone star. we aren't trying to be mean and i apologize if i sounded that way. don't be afraid to voice your opinion and ask questions. that's one of the things that i should have been doing. tried to do things on my own first. shouldn't have done that.

Hang in there Lone Star this machine can be a roller coaster ride in the beginning but it will level out. Lots of us have had problems with our machines and from reading the posts things are getting better.
    Mine is in the process of being put back together right now. I only have about 60 hours or so on mine have had my share of problems but when it has been running I feel it is worth the problems. And I think everyone on this forum is here to support you as well as the Carvewright staff is.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast